[SOLVED] Windows 10 install help -- "couldn't find any drives" ?

May 9, 2020
This is my very first build. I have never been tech savvy just love to play video games.

Here are my pc parts:
CPU: ryzen 5 3600

MOBO: MSI b450 gaming plus

GPU: Nvidia 2060 super

RAM: Corsair Vegaince RGB pro 16gb

SSD: Crucial 500 GB p2 NVMe M.2

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C mini.

The problem: When attempting to install windows I keep getting the error message "We couldn't find any drives. To get a storage driver, click Load driver. I go into BIOS and my m.2 isn't showing up. I opened my case and re-inserted it twice and still not showing up. Enabled UEFI and still nothing. Please help!

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have the latest BIOS for motherboard?

Hello,
1/ Update bios to last version using M-Flash:
- Take an USB pen with no more than 16GB and only 1 FAT or FAT32 partition.
Verify it with CHKDSK.
  • Download bios version >>Bios V3.51<<.
  • Unzip it and copy the file "E7C02AMS.351" in the the USB pen.
  • IMPORTANT: Boot and enter in Bios Setup. Press [F6], confirm, press [F10] and confirm. Pc should restart.
  • Enter again in Bios Setup.
  • Plug the USB pen into one port on the back panel.
  • Click on M-Flash and select the file.
PC should reboot and the update process should start; be cautious to not abort it before the end (can last up to 5mn).
- Once update ended, power off PSU, unplug the power cord and wait that all mobo's leds light off.
Enter in bios setup. Set "SETTINGS \ Advanced \ Windows OS Configuration \ BIOS UEFI/CSM Mode" at "UEFI"; change nothing else at this time. Result?
2/ If #1 did not resolve, verify that Windows Fast Startup is disabled:
  • Enter in "Control Panel \ Power Options".
  • Click "Choose what the power buttons do", then "Change settings that are currently unavailables".
Search for "Turn on fast startup (recommended)" entry.
. If you have it, uncheck.
. If you have not,
. enter in "Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options".
. set "Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart" at "Off".
Install last version of >>B450 Chipset Drivers<<. Reboot. Enter in "Control Panel \ Power Options" and verify that "AMD Ryzen Balanced Power Plan" is selected.
Hoping it shall help,

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=327766.0

note: you may want a newer bios version than is quoted above

TRENDING THREADS