Question Windows 10 install loop

Feb 5, 2021
I've been creeping this forum for answers for over a year but now I have to ask a question. I have a hand me down intel DQ57TM board that I am trying to fix up and donate but when I install win10 using a USB it always gives me the black screen "loading files" and just when it gets to the end the pc restarts and shows BSOD splash screen for a few seconds then back to "loading files".

After doing that 2-3 times it comes up with "automatic repair" for a second then back to "loading files". I have tried 3+ hdd, swapped out ram and tried multiple USB drives and used power supplies ranging from 250w to 750w.

The Irish ginger rage deep inside me wants to smash the board and destroy the moon but more so I want to figure out what's going on.

Intel DQ57TM (bios TMIBX10H.86A.0050.2011.1207.1134)
i5 650 3.2ghz

Colif

Win 11 Master
if its BSOD during install its not going to work too well if you got it on, as who knows what its missing.

Often if I see errors in Installation, its ram.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Feb 5, 2021
if its BSOD during install its not going to work too well if you got it on, as who knows what its missing.

Often if I see errors in Installation, its ram.

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Thank you for responding!

I have a pair of 1gb and 2gb along with 4x 512mb known working ram sticks that I use for most of my installs that go without a hiccup but this mobo is just stubborn. They could be getting worn out so I will look into that and get back to you.

Feb 5, 2021
What RAM was originally in that system? Not all those sticks right? Mixing 3 type of RAM isn't a good idea.

No No. It had 2gb (1gbx2), a samsung and a Kingston. I used 1gbx2 corsair. Then 2gbx2 samsung then tried the 4x512mb Kingston. All matching the voltage from the original. Tried the originals and they all had the same outcome.