[SOLVED] Windows 10 Install not seeing OZB Vertex 4 SSD

Nov 7, 2021
Hello, I'm hoping someone can't provide a new 'set of eyes'.

I had Windows 7 running on my OZB Vertex 4 SSD, and attempted the upgrade to Win10. Twice it threw an error and backed out before successfully upgrading. However, after the upgrade it kept blue screening after after a couple minutes.

I assumed the upgrade was corrupt and decided to try and do a fresh install using Win10 USB (created using tool). During the install, selected my OZB SSD, twice received error 0x8007025D, and install aborted.

Today I created a new Win10 install image and attempted again, however the installer can't see my OZB SSD. The installer can see other regular HDDs, but not my SSD.

I'm at a loss of what changed between yesterday and today, and how to proceed.

Components if needed-

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty P67 PROFESSIONAL (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

SSD: OCZ Vertex 4 2.5" 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) VTX4-25SAT3-256G

Solution
Running USB bootable diagnostic software on your SSD might be a really good place to start. There are lots of utilities out for creating bootable drive diagnostic media.

Then again, the board is pretty old as well. Have you tried connecting the SSD to a different SATA header on the motherboard, because maybe it's the header that's bad? Like, connecting it to one of the headers you currently have another drive connected to that is being recognized.
Running USB bootable diagnostic software on your SSD might be a really good place to start. There are lots of utilities out for creating bootable drive diagnostic media.

Then again, the board is pretty old as well. Have you tried connecting the SSD to a different SATA header on the motherboard, because maybe it's the header that's bad? Like, connecting it to one of the headers you currently have another drive connected to that is being recognized.

Solution
Nov 7, 2021
@Darkbreeze thank you for the response. Would you have any recommendations for bootable diagnostic software for testing my SSD? I did some initial google searching, but hard to tell whats actually good and whats just marketed well.

In regards to the board, I did try using a different SATA port on my MOBO. Also plugged in a different HDD into the same SATA port and Win10 was able to see it. I'm still somewhat at a loss that the Mobo (and UEFI) can see the SSD, but Win10 can not. Could there be something wrong with the formatting or boot sector, that allows my MOBO to see it, but not Win10?

Choose bootable and create media then boot to that media from your BIOS or POST boot menu. If you are uncertain, there are plenty of guides out there for creating bootable Seatools for DOS media.

IS the drive showing up in the BIOS?

Does the drive show up in disk management in Windows, even if it doesn't show up in file explorer?

Nov 7, 2021
Ok, I'll give SeaTools a try tonight.

Yes the drive shows up in BIOS.

I'm not sure if the drive appears in Disk Management, right now I'm trying to install Win10 onto the disk so going through the OS installer doesn't display it. Is there a way to open Disk Management without having the OS installed?