[SOLVED] Windows 10 install stuck on logo with no dots

VI_fizz

Honorable
May 17, 2014
Hello, I am currently attempting a fresh install onto a brand new build. No components are second hand save for the 1060 which I had in my old rig and will use until I can save up for a replacement.

The build in question:
  • AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
  • AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4
  • Team T-Force DDR4 3200mhz 2x8gb - in slots A2 and B2 as per mobo manual
  • Samsung 860 Evo 250gb - unpartitioned
  • Kingston A2000 M.2 500gb - unpartitioned
  • Cooler Master Masterwatt 750 semi modular bronze
  • EVGA GTX1060 SSC
Here is what I have tried so far:

Booting to the USB that came in the windows box through the F11 boot menu, USB prefix, and UEFI prefix. USB prefix will pass the "loading files" but get stuck on a black screen with just the blue windows logo, no dots. Booting with UEFI prefix will do the same but it is an ASRock logo instead, and the mobo's VGA and Boot lights are on, which is not the case when booting from USB prefix.
I am currently trying to create a new USB boot drive using the creation tool from MS, if that doesn't work I will try an ISO with Rufus, if that doesn't work I'll probably slam my head through a wall.

Also worth noting, I managed to boot into Ubuntu off a different USB basically first try, so I think it's the windows that is borked in some way. I did not install Ubuntu, just ran it off the USB. Linux worked out of the box not a problem, I may also try booting into Ubuntu again to see if the M.2 which was not installed when I booted to Ubuntu prevents linux from running.

Nov 20, 2020
Hello, I am currently attempting a fresh install onto a brand new build. No components are second hand save for the 1060 which I had in my old rig and will use until I can save up for a replacement.

The build in question:
  • AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
  • AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4
  • Team T-Force DDR4 3200mhz 2x8gb - in slots A2 and B2 as per mobo manual
  • Samsung 860 Evo 250gb - unpartitioned
  • Kingston A2000 M.2 500gb - unpartitioned
  • Cooler Master Masterwatt 750 semi modular bronze
  • EVGA GTX1060 SSC
Here is what I have tried so far:

Booting to the USB that came in the windows box through the F11 boot menu, USB prefix, and UEFI prefix. USB prefix will pass the "loading files" but get stuck on a black screen with just the blue windows logo, no dots. Booting with UEFI prefix will do the same but it is an ASRock logo instead, and the mobo's VGA and Boot lights are on, which is not the case when booting from USB prefix.
I am currently trying to create a new USB boot drive using the creation tool from MS, if that doesn't work I will try an ISO with Rufus, if that doesn't work I'll probably slam my head through a wall.

Also worth noting, I managed to boot into Ubuntu off a different USB basically first try, so I think it's the windows that is borked in some way. I did not install Ubuntu, just ran it off the USB. Linux worked out of the box not a problem, I may also try booting into Ubuntu again to see if the M.2 which was not installed when I booted to Ubuntu prevents linux from running.

I have the same MB and 5600x, I'm stuck in this issue. SO, can you confim if BIOS update works? What version?

TRENDING THREADS