Aug 16, 2019
Hello, I'm losing my mind here.
Recently did a fresh build
Motherboard: msi z390-A pro
CPU: Intel i7 9700k
Ram: Corsair vengeance 8gb x4
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO1TB M2 2280
PSU: Corsair RM850x

I'm trying to install Windows 64 bit and it always boots up, shows the initial logo, goes as far as one spin on the white dots and then freezes. I removed my gpu to try to get rid of extra factors and still nothing. I'm booting from a disc from Microsoft. Tried UEFI, tried without, AHCI enabled, I can enter BIOS just fine, tried with Windows 10 support on and off.

Not sure what else to do here

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
I'm booting from a disc from Microsoft.

Don't, at least if by disc you mean a DVD with Windows 10.

Always, always, always download the freshest copy of the Windows 10 install media available, which means going to the Microsoft Windows 10 Download Page , fetching the Media Creation Tool, and using that to either create bootable USB media directly or to download the ISO file and use a utility of your choosing to create bootable USB media from it.

Aug 16, 2019
Hello, thank you for your swift reply.
I just finished downloading Windows 10 64 bit onto a flash drive and plugged it in, booted from UEFI USB and it's experiencing the same issue where it freezes on the spinning white dots.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
That makes me think that something's off as far as your boot order, or if that's not the case that your install media may have somehow become corrupted.

Check that your boot order has you booting from the USB drive first, and if it does then make a fresh copy of the install media, on another flash drive (if possible), and try again.

You have not even gotten the install media involved yet if the freeze is this early.

Aug 16, 2019
Also, as an aside and diagnostic, try making a bootable Linux on USB, and booting from that. If you get the same behavior then I suspect something is up at the hardware level.

I can check Linux but I should mention I had a spare windows 7 disc laying around and when I tried using that it had a very similar issue where it would freeze on the "Starting windows" black screen and windows logo.

I don't understand what piece of hardware it would be at this point.