Question Windows 10 installation BSOD loop

Goochess

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
G'day all,

The short is I can't install windows 10 onto my SSD because the installer constantly crashes at different points generally during the "installing features" phase.

The long is I built a PC October last year,
Components include: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI X570-A Pro Mobo, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb 3200, MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Super, Corsair RM650 Gold, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500gb.
At the time I could not install Windows 10 through multiple means and ended up cloning Windows from my laptop and running that on my SSD, Gross I know but it worked for the time being.
Up until a couple of weeks ago this had worked okay.

Fast forward to this month and I decided to reinstall Windows 10 1909. I ran into the exact same problems as I did before, BSOD loop on install.
I've used multiple USB drives even new ones. I've tried the Official windows media installation tool to create a bootable USB and the ISO method.
I've also tried downloading a legitimate ISO from a third party and running that.
I've updated my MOBO to the latest BIOS and booted using UEFI.
Up until today I thought it was an SSD error, this was proven wrong because I tried with a brand new SSD of the same make.
MEMTEST showed that the RAM is okay.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Goochess

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
Thanks for the reply,

Latest BIOS has been installed.
Windows 1909.

Can I make Samsung Magician bootable? and what would I be looking for with this tool considering I've tried two SSD's.

Tried installing again this morning, BSOD error was page fault in non paged area if that helps.

**currently running Prime95 stress test

Last edited: