windows 10 installation causing hard disk error

Father Carrozza

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
When I install Windows 10 it gives me a hard disk error every time I reboot. I have to run the quick test, which passes, every time I reboot. I had my computer professionally serviced and they told me there was nothing wrong with my hard drive, that it passed every test. I totally restored my computer to factory condition with Windows 7 and reinstalled all my programs and data with no problem. The when I upgraded to Windows 10, I keep getting the hard disk error every time. It's annoying having to run the quick test every time I reboot. Anyone have an answer to this problem?

Solution
It sounds like it may be a firmware problem. Windows 10 (along with every other Windows release) has minimum system requirements on what it needs to function. If you go that distance to resolve the issue and it's still happening, then it's definitely a hardware issue and it's most likely the firmware.

However, different versions of Windows 10 have different firmware. Just taking a shot in the dark, are you trying to install a Windows 10 home version?

thejackal85

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
It sounds like it may be a firmware problem. Windows 10 (along with every other Windows release) has minimum system requirements on what it needs to function. If you go that distance to resolve the issue and it's still happening, then it's definitely a hardware issue and it's most likely the firmware.

However, different versions of Windows 10 have different firmware. Just taking a shot in the dark, are you trying to install a Windows 10 home version?

Solution

thejackal85

Reputable
Jan 18, 2016
Can you get access to a higher version of Windows 10? A Pro version preferably and see what that does.

If not, I hate to say it, until you can try it out with Windows 10 Pro, might want to stick to Windows 7. And to be honest with you, you're not missing that much. It's the latest and the greatest, yeah, but it's not inspiration enough to upgrade what already works. :)

Father Carrozza

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016