Windows 10 installation error "Media drivers not found"

Ivasx

Commendable
Aug 16, 2016
So... I have built myself new desktop PC, but I'm using old HDD that has Windows XP on it (I'll buy a new one but for beginning it should be ok), but I want to install Windows 10.
So when I start to install W10 I choose language, and press "Install now". Then It says "A media driver your coputer needs is missing." When I Rescan or Browse files it leads to the "No device drivers were found."
What should I do? (I'm installing from a DVD)

Solution
Sometimes that error is a problem with the installer, can you make a new one? Try a USB (8gb) and see if it works.

you can make a new one using the windows 10 media creation tool. Use that to make a win 10 installer on USB or DVD

I am not sure you can run it on XP, it might work... or throw an error saying you cannot upgrade from win xp, but you know that.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Sometimes that error is a problem with the installer, can you make a new one? Try a USB (8gb) and see if it works.

you can make a new one using the windows 10 media creation tool. Use that to make a win 10 installer on USB or DVD

I am not sure you can run it on XP, it might work... or throw an error saying you cannot upgrade from win xp, but you know that.

Solution