Nov 28, 2021
Hello, I really need help with this problem, please someone help. I am having a lot of trouble installing Windows 10 via boot USB using Windows 10 media creation tool. I was playing a game when I started lagging really bad so I closed the application and realised my wifi was disconnected and windows couldn’t find any nearby networks so I turned off the computer and turned it back on, that’s when I was prompt with a blue screen that said windows failed to started and that there was a missing or corrupted system32 file. I soon realised that the only way to fix it was to install a fresh version of windows, now this is where the nightmare really started. Firstly I tried to format the partitions within media creation tool, delete the partitions and try to start an install of windows. That didn’t work, I have tried cleaning the disk with (DISKPART) using these commands.

• Diskpart
  • List disk
  • Select disk 0
  • Clean

P.S I only have one drive (disk 0) which is a (Crucial P1 M.2 SSD 2280 500GB) and a boot USB with windows media creation tool. I also have another clean boot USB for back up. Also the pc is only 3 months old, my brother gave it to me as he upgraded to a new pc. I have had a lot of experience with computers and there was nothing internally wrong with it and no malicious files installed it only had like 3 games and editing software. Anyway, back to the diskpart scenario.

Once I did the clean, it allowed me to install windows but then when the pc restarted I was prompt with a black screen saying windows was unable to load correctly. I tried restarting without the USB in and the same message happened. There wasn’t any information on why there was error.

I can’t even install windows anymore, even with doing a disk part clean. I’ve tried cleaning and converting the disk to gpt. I can’t seem to convert the disk to basic as it says it needs to be dynamic, I convert it to dynamic and then try to convert it to basic and says the disk is offline, then I try to convert it to gpt and it says:

“Virtual Disk service error:
The operation is not supported by the object.

The specified command or perameters are not supported on this system.”

So I try to delete the dynamic partition it created and it prompts me with the same virtual disk service error message. I’ve tried creating partitions within DISKPART because media creation tool can’t do it, I’ve tried creating a volume simple but it says the disk needs to be dynamic, I convert it to dynamic and it creates a dynamic partition. I’ve tried cleaning the disk and just converting it to gpt and the installation still doesn’t work. If I just do a simple disk clean in DISKPART and try to click next on the “Drive 0 unallocated spaced” within media creation tool to install windows it takes awhile to load but it prompts me with these errors.

“Windows cannot be installed on this disk. The selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, windows can only be installed to gpt disks.”

“Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. The partition contacts one or more dynamic volumes that are not supported for installation.”

“Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. This partition is of an unrecognised type.”

If I do a DISKPART clean and convert disk to gpt it also gives me this error. Sometimes even just doing a clean gives me this error too.

“We couldn’t install windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive. Here’s more info about what happened: 0x80300002.”

I can provide photos if needed. My motherboard CSM boot menu is set to UEFI only. I have also tried legacy. I just really need someone to help me as I have spent 3 entire days trying to solve this problem.

Pimpom

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Have you tried this -
Clean the disk,
Boot with the USB Windows 10 installation media,
Follow prompts and instructions.

The Win10 installer should prepare the disk, create the necessary partitions (MSR, EFI, Recovery and the OS partition) without your having to perform a lot of complicated tasks. Just pay attention to the options at the beginning.

Nov 28, 2021
Have you tried this -
Clean the disk,
Boot with the USB Windows 10 installation media,
Follow prompts and instructions.

The Win10 installer should prepare the disk, create the necessary partitions (MSR, EFI, Recovery and the OS partition) without your having to perform a lot of complicated tasks. Just pay attention to the options at the beginning.

This does not work.

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
..............................a blue screen that said windows failed to started and that there was a missing or corrupted system32 file..................................I can’t even install windows anymore.....................

Given the original problem and what's been happening since, have you considered that the SSD may be faulty?

As a test, try installing a different OS such as Windows 11 or even Linux.

If you're not keen on doing that then try again using a different USB with a freshly-downloaded copy of Windows 10.

Nov 28, 2021
Given the original problem and what's been happening since, have you considered that the SSD may be faulty?

As a test, try installing a different OS such as Windows 11 or even Linux.

If you're not keen on doing that then try again using a different USB with a freshly-downloaded copy of Windows 10.

The computer isn’t compatible with Windows 11. Linux is definitely not what I want as most of the games I play aren’t compatible with that OS. The SSDs status is healthy and the pc is like 3 months old. I have tried another SSD and the problem persists.

Nov 28, 2021
The PC should be under warranty I would get it replaced

I have already contacted the pc supplier, it is under warranty but I think trying to perform the tasks I did would possibly break the warranty. I’m hoping that isn’t the case and that they can just replace the pc with a new one because never in my life have I had this much of a problem.

D

Deleted member 14196

How Can the PC be three months old? You said your brother gave it to you when he got a new one so that doesn’t make any sense it must be older than three months old and you have hardware issues obviously

Oh I read your post yeah I get it replaced if you can but other than that you have to find out what hardware is failing

Nov 28, 2021
How Can the PC be three months old? You said your brother gave it to you when he got a new one so that doesn’t make any sense it must be older than three months old and you have hardware issues obviously

It does make sense, it was a temporary pc whilst he was waiting to get more money for a better one? Why would I lie about the age of the pc, the warranty is for 1 year and it’s still in warranty. It’s literally almost brand new purchased from galaxysystems.

D

Deleted member 14196

The only way to know is to start swapping parts but that would probably void your warranty so wait and see

I’m thinking your motherboard has something to do with this

D

Deleted member 14196

Right which really points towards the motherboard however there are some other things you can do that won’t void the warranty. You could use Memtest86 to test out the ram. You need a small USB drive and you both on that and it can test ram

Nov 28, 2021
Right which really points towards the motherboard however there are some other things you can do that won’t void the warranty. You could use Memtest86 to test out the ram. You need a small USB drive and you both on that and it can test ram

I have noticed that the motherboard boot logo isn’t like it normally is, it looks glitched across the screen on boot, this happens when I have the boot USB in and it’s loading to the media creation tool.

Nov 28, 2021
A glitched display points to faulty video memory. Are you using onboard or discrete graphics?

Using a graphics card, I enabled secure boot and it stopped the glitched logo from happening also made the bios and everything in 1080p but the windows installation errors still happened so I just returned the bios back to original state.

Nov 28, 2021
For some reason when I clean the drive and try to install windows it gives me the error to check the media drive but when I go back a step and then back into advanced install it says a partition 1 is created and it is of a size 2044gb. I only have a 500gb m.2 in the pc so I don’t know why that keeps happening and the only way to get rid of it is to clean the drive with DISKPART and it just continues to happen every time I try install windows.