[SOLVED] Windows 10 installation not working - MSI B550 Gaming plus

Jan 16, 2022
I recently upgraded my old rig to Ryzen 5600X with MSI B550 gaming plus motherboard. I have also changed the RAM to Corsair vengeance 16GB.
But I'm still using old WD Green SSD which has windows installed already.
I have usb stick with windows 10(Used Microsoft usb stick tool).
Tried to install fresh copy of windows but for some reason its not working. First time it booted upto windows 10 version screen and after that it got restarted but never went in .

Im able to see all the devices listed in Bios setting as well.
Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
FYI Board has Ryzen 5000 desktop ready sticker.

Solution
I recently upgraded my old rig to Ryzen 5600X with MSI B550 gaming plus motherboard. I have also changed the RAM to Corsair vengeance 16GB.
Tried to install fresh copy of windows but for some reason its not working. First time it booted upto windows 10 version screen and after that it got restarted but never went in .

You still may have to update BIOS.

You still may have to update BIOS.

Solution

Updating BIOS to the latest is a good idea. It may have been shipped with a Ryzen 5000 launch BIOS, but so much has changed with Windows...and BIOS's to be compatible...in the intervening months.

And if you haven't, reset CMOS. Do it with both battery pull and shorting the pins for 30 sec's to a minute. Actually, do it again even if you think you already have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parsu and CountMike

TRENDING THREADS