Question windows 10 installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munhe

Prominent
Mar 12, 2019
Hi everyone, so i have a ASUS K53SV Laptop(i think it was bought in 2010), the latest bios update from asus is from 2011, i am trying to reinstall windows 10 on it i know it can because i currently have it on there. But when i boot the usb with win 10 it is stuck on the loading screen( the dots dont go around) can anyone help? do i need to make the usb bootable in a certain way or maybe with a different program?? i know this usb works because i just used it to i stall win 10 on my PC
thank you and any help is appreciated

Munhe

Prominent
Mar 12, 2019
did you use the Media creation tool to make the USB?

Did you change the boot order in BIOS so its actually trying to use the USB and its not just trying to load windows as normal instead?
yes i changed the boot order and it gets stuck when the dots start spinning on opening logo, and i used media creation tool,i have been searching for a solution and it seems that my laptop is old and bios is old, and doesntsupport UEFI boot? could that be the reason? also when i go to asus support site and it says choose OS there is no option for windows 10 :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
lack of uefi boot shouldn't change anything as installer created by media creation tool can do that boot method.

I found a few instances of win 10 on that laptop so it should go on. I don't know if these others had updated from 7 to get it on,

its from 2010, win 7 is highest is goes to. Win 10 was 5 years out, so yeah, no win 10 drivers. Shouldn't matter too much, at least at boot stage.

have you tried installing off DVD?

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Did you wipe the drive? If not, can you still boot into the existing Windows 10?

If so, you should consider Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file. You can avoid needing the USB media entirely and get essentially the same result.

Otherwise, Colif's suggestion of creating bootable optical media and trying to install from that is a good idea if the machine has an optical drive, and given the vintage I presume it does.

Munhe

Prominent
Mar 12, 2019
yeah i can still load windows on that laptop, might try that option with repair. Also i figured its due to old laptop so i can swith the HDD into the new PC and install it on there, since i installed windows with that same USB like 2 weeks ago

May 29, 2020
Hi, I had the same issue but I solved with updating Bios. I had version 315 then I updated with 320.
Unzip this file and copy it to a flash drive. Then restart a laptop and push F2 continuously. Go to the advance menu in Bios menu and select easy flash. Then select a thumb drive and file. After updating put Windows 10 USB and turn on your laptop. It will start Windows 10 set up.

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/K53SV/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Status
Not open for further replies.