Windows 10 installation rebooted without warning. Since then been stuck in a bootloop

chemeleon

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
Hi. Recently, my windows 10 installation rebooted without warning. Since then, I have been stuck in a bootloop with the occasional BSOD, one about a whea_uncorrectable_error and the latest one complaining of a machine_check_exception. I can't boot into a bootable windows 10 usb as the problem remains, but I can boot into some Linux distributions which run fine and stable (slitaz is the one I'm using at the moment, and it doesn't complain of any errors).

I've run mem test, unplugged unnecessary peripherals, checked to see if my cpu or mb is overheating which it isn't, and reset my bios settings to their defaults. I'm at a loss as to what is causing this. If anyone can think of reason why this is ocurring or anything I could do in Linux to diagnose this problem better it'd really help.

Solution
Well, it appears to be fixed. I reseated my motherboards own brand WiFi dongle and removed a usb Bluetooth dongle and that seemed to do the trick. Not sure why it was creating BSODs of that magnitude. I am just happy I have my PC back. Thanks everyone!

chemeleon

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
Well, it appears to be fixed. I reseated my motherboards own brand WiFi dongle and removed a usb Bluetooth dongle and that seemed to do the trick. Not sure why it was creating BSODs of that magnitude. I am just happy I have my PC back. Thanks everyone!

Solution