Commendable
Apr 22, 2020
So I want to use UEFI boot

I have connected just 1 disk when installing windows 10
my MTB supports UEFI

I diskpart clean the disk
convert it to GPT
but the asterisk disappears whenever I start windows 10 installation

I heard that you can convert without data loss with mbr2gpt tool maybe it will be easier and I should do that? but I would need to update windows to newer version since I heard its only on newer windows 10

I would like to convert disk to gpt through USB installation though,
I heard that you have to begin the installation in UEFI bios but the usb isnt recognized when I change to UEFI,
WHat should I do? Do I have to create UEFI bootable windows 10 usb with windows media creation tool?

Colif

Win 11 Master
what motherboard have you got?

You should be able to install using GPT right from start. No need to convert it afterwards, thats just an extra step.

The media creation tool will create an installer that works with either, so you should have one now.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Have you changed anything in bios? is this a new PC or just doing a reinstall?
if its new it should just boot off the USB without needing to change anything.
If its had windows on it before, we can use Boot Over ride to boot off the UEFI USB

put USB in at boot
go into BIOS
go to boot tab
choose boot over ride - this will show a list of all bootable items, choose the UEFI USB and PC will boot from it this time, and next should revert to the normal boot order.
its on page 3-18 here - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/.../E15827_ROG_STRIX_X570-F_GAMING_UM_v2_WEB.pdf

another thing you might need to do is update bios if this doesn't work.

Dayummm

Commendable
Apr 22, 2020
I built the pc. It is reinstall.
I have loaded default settings from bios.

The usb isnt showing in boot override when csm disabled.
When enabled its there and I can normally boot usb but converting GPT doesnt work - it reverts back when installing windows.