Windows 10 Installation "Select the driver to install"

Eli_5

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015
I just got a new hard drive, looking to install windows 10 from a usb on it. I get done with the setup and it brings a selection menu up to find a driver. What driver am I suppose to have to install this thing. Please tell me if I need to post anything else.

NEmpire95

Reputable
Aug 12, 2015

Did you have windows partition the drive before installing windows 10 on it?

Eli_5

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015

When I go to the website, and enter the product number of my machine. It says no drivers found that you need.

Eli_5

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015

I downloaded windows 10 on a usb, and in the progress of downloading it. It will go through everything then tells me to select a driver, and I don't know what driver I'm suppose to have. And for the other thing I have not touch the hard drive or doing anything with it besides that. But I do know its detected in the bios

Eli_5

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015

Do I just run the installation on the usb. or just put the exe on a usb? Sorry this is my first take at this.

Hello... best to be done on another computer... and exe means it's compressed some way ( it's very small )... click and un-compress on another computer and copy results to a USB/CD stick or the install USB ISO.
Is there a *.sys file? in it.
Your Orig CD/DVD's? Typically it is called the "Driver Disk" would have it.

Eli_5

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015

I extracted the files, and there is a sys file, is that the one I click on during the driver selection
?

Eli_5

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015

Ok, it detected the driver and downloaded it, but it still says "We couldn't find any drives. TO get a storage driver, click Driver." So I'm guessing it can't find my hard drive, but bios can?

Hello... Good eye... DOES your HD have a previous install on it? You need to go to custom install to delete anything else on the HD... There maybe no room for WIN10 to install on it?
Do you have another HD plugged in? ... Unplug all other HD's!!!

1) What is your hardware?
2) What description your BIO's tells you too about it?
3) re-try an install of WIN7 sp1 from USB .... to see if WIN10 or driver is problem.