[SOLVED] Windows 10 Installation with current internal HDD instead of USB

Rcn123321

Honorable
Apr 12, 2016
I have an m.2 SSD coming in tomorrow. and i have the windows 10 install tool downloaded on the PC i am currently typing this with. Can i install the ssd, use the windows 10 install tool thru windows on THIS PC to make the partition on the SSD. Then boot to the SSD and finish the install. Then wipe and trash the HDD cause its junk. Basically asking if i can do this other than use a USB drive. I already plan on moving all of my game saves and game clips to onedrive before attempting this just in case anything happens.

Solution
I have an m.2 SSD coming in tomorrow. and i have the windows 10 install tool downloaded on the PC i am currently typing this with. Can i install the ssd, use the windows 10 install tool thru windows on THIS PC to make the partition on the SSD. Then boot to the SSD and finish the install. Then wipe and trash the HDD cause its junk. Basically asking if i can do this other than use a USB drive. I already plan on moving all of my game saves and game clips to onedrive before attempting this just in case anything happens.
No.

The proper way:
Download the MediaCration tool
Run it from an admin account, and use it to create the install routine on a USB flash drive.
Power OFF, disconnect ALL drives exfept the desired one for the OS...

USAFRet

Titan
No.

The proper way:
Download the MediaCration tool
Run it from an admin account, and use it to create the install routine on a USB flash drive.
Power OFF, disconnect ALL drives exfept the desired one for the OS.
Boot up from the flash drive...
Install.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS