Windows 10 Installation

blacksaleen99

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018
My computer is saying Setup.exe is not a valid win32 application. I've tried both versions 32bit and 64bit and get same error. Im running windows xp and trying to upgrade to windows 10. Im installing from a USB. Is there a troubleshooter i can download or why am i getting this error?

Solution
ok. i just fixed it. i didnt have correct usb in first. I got to the boot from usb screen but it said setup.exe error. going to try another version. i have a x64 it said its 64bit but a program i checked says i have windows xp home 32 bit os.

blacksaleen99

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018
Thats what i did. I order a usb off ebay that said it was a 32bit or 64bit and it didnt work. And i tried a clean instal of a 32bit and 64 version and they didn't work so im thinking its a deeper problem maybe hard drive? What else could cause the error?

blacksaleen99

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018
ok. no i havent tried that yet. i have it first in bios but i havent got it to boot up yet? my xp boots to a screen where it says windows xp professional 2002 and i press enter it doesnt actually boot to the usb drive. Would you have an idea on that? thank you

blacksaleen99

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018
ok. i just fixed it. i didnt have correct usb in first. I got to the boot from usb screen but it said setup.exe error. going to try another version. i have a x64 it said its 64bit but a program i checked says i have windows xp home 32 bit os.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS