Question Windows 10 installer bootloop on Dell Inspiron 15 7k series ?

Kanc1erz

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
Hi, here I come with some weird stuff.

I got a laptop - dell inspiron 15 7k series. Windows won't open (at the logo it was stuck and then it rebooted and so on so on), so I decided to check the ssd disk (m2, sata) using other computer - it was fine (smart clear, no bad sectors), then I formatted it completely just to install fresh win10.
After choosing USB3.0 flash disk to boot in the boot menu, appears win10 logo and this "loading circle", but it goes for 1sec, then freezes and after few moments notebook reboots. And so on and so on.
If I choose legacy boot - there is the same situation, but a BSOD appears BIOS_ACPI_ERROR (or something similar).
I have no clue what is wrong, as the POST is fine and onboard diagnostics is also detecting no errors.

I flashed bios to the newest version - nothing changed.
Reverted bios to factory settings - also nothing.
Secure boot - ofc switched off.
Sata is in AHCI mode...
I tried two fine working flash disks. Both images are recorded using the newest Microsoft Media Creation Tool.

Video how it goes is here:
View: https://youtu.be/wAK8-ieY6SQ

If someone could help me it would be absolutely wonderful :)

Hi, here I come with some weird stuff.

I got a laptop - dell inspiron 15 7k series. Windows won't open (at the logo it was stuck and then it rebooted and so on so on), so I decided to check the ssd disk (m2, sata) using other computer - it was fine (smart clear, no bad sectors), then I formatted it completely just to install fresh win10.
After choosing USB3.0 flash disk to boot in the boot menu, appears win10 logo and this "loading circle", but it goes for 1sec, then freezes and after few moments notebook reboots. And so on and so on.
If I choose legacy boot - there is the same situation, but a BSOD appears BIOS_ACPI_ERROR (or something similar).
I have no clue what is wrong, as the POST is fine and onboard diagnostics is also detecting no errors.

I flashed bios to the newest version - nothing changed.
Reverted bios to factory settings - also nothing.
Secure boot - ofc switched off.
Sata is in AHCI mode...
I tried two fine working flash disks. Both images are recorded using the newest Microsoft Media Creation Tool.

Video how it goes is here:
View: https://youtu.be/wAK8-ieY6SQ

If someone could help me it would be absolutely wonderful :)
Grab a copy of memtest86 and put it on a flash disk.
See if it will boot.

Kanc1erz

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2014
Grab a copy of memtest86 and put it on a flash disk.
See if it will boot.
Memtest boots, no errors found BTW.

Try to download windows 10 .iso instead, and use rufus. then go with GPT and Non CSM Option, then start rufus until it's done. i prefer to download windows 10 .iso in google chrome or internet download manager.
Done this with Win10 image downloaded by MCT and from the Internet and both images put on flash disk (using rufus ofc) are bahaving same as in the video above.

As in legacy mode there is an BSOD is it possible, that BIOS IC is corrputed somehow? Or which IC is actually reponsible for booting? However memtest86 is booting normally, so maybe there is a problem with USB <-> SSD link?

EDIT: I took out both disks (Hdd and ssd), changed ram slot but it didn't help... :(

Last edited:
Memtest boots, no errors found BTW.

Done this with Win10 image downloaded by MCT and from the Internet and both images put on flash disk (using rufus ofc) are bahaving same as in the video above.

As in legacy mode there is an BSOD is it possible, that BIOS IC is corrputed somehow? Or which IC is actually reponsible for booting? However memtest86 is booting normally, so maybe there is a problem with USB <-> SSD link?

EDIT: I took out both disks (Hdd and ssd), changed ram slot but it didn't help... :(
Do these windows flash sticks boot on another machine?