[SOLVED] Windows 10 installer recovery screen

Jul 7, 2021
This is a follow up from one of my previous posts:

So just now I put my install USB in to see if it would boot of that, but when my computer detected it it hung on the Aorus logo for around 20 seconds before it went to a blank blue screen which had the same behaviour as a blue recovery screen as it flashes on and off when I press enter so I know it wasn't a BSOD. It stayed on that screen for around a minute before shutting down just like before.
Just like last time I had the recovery screen I had just one monitor plugged in along with my keyboard and mouse

I'm 99% sure at this point it's either a motherboard issue, power supply or both because I don't think it's meant to shut down randomly when it's on the recovery screen

Solution
I do not normally have signatures enabled.....

I did look (for the record) - copy/paste of signature.

Aorus B450 Elite MOBO
16gb DDR4 Corsair Vengence 3000mhz RAM
Zotac Nvidia Geforce GTX 1660 GPU
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X CPU
EVGA 600w 80+ Bronze PSU
500gb WD Black M.2 SSD (BOOT), 256gb Lexar SSD, 1tb Seagate Barracuda HDD, 3tb Seagate Barracude HDD

= = = =

Disconnect all drives except the now intended target boot drive. (The WD Black SSD being the returned drive - correct?)

Try the reinstall again.

Just in case:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/windows-10-clean-install-tutorial.3170366/

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Are you able to access BIOS? If so then configure POST to be as verbose as possible so you can observe the boot process.

Will your computer boot into safe mode?

As for the install USB: how old, condition, etc.?

Will the USB work on other PCs? The USB could be the problem: simply corruption or hardware related.

Try creating another install USB to use/test.

Jul 7, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Are you able to access BIOS? If so then configure POST to be as verbose as possible so you can observe the boot process.

Will your computer boot into safe mode?

As for the install USB: how old, condition, etc.?

Will the USB work on other PCs? The USB could be the problem: simply corruption or hardware related.

Try creating another install USB to use/test.

The full system specs are in my signiture thing minus the WD Black drive

It doesn't have a OS at the moment as I sent my boot drive back to Amazon so there is also no safe mode to boot into

The install USB is less than a month old, and I used the same USB to install Windows 10 onto my brother's laptop

Same thing above

I don't think I got another usb to test it but I highly doubt it's a issue with the USB as it boots on other computers

Ralston18

Titan

Aorus B450 Elite MOBO
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X CPU
EVGA 600w 80+ Bronze PSU
500gb WD Black M.2 SSD (BOOT), 256gb Lexar SSD, 1tb Seagate Barracuda HDD, 3tb Seagate Barracude HDD

= = = =

Disconnect all drives except the now intended target boot drive. (The WD Black SSD being the returned drive - correct?)

Try the reinstall again.

Just in case:

Solution
Jul 7, 2021

Aorus B450 Elite MOBO
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X CPU
EVGA 600w 80+ Bronze PSU

= = = =

Try the reinstall again.

Just in case:

Tried it, same result, getting someone to have a look at it but I do think it's a hardware issue

Jul 7, 2021
Got my cousin to look at it, he put the BIOS into legacy mode which works for now, not sure why my motherboard is refusing to boot of UEFI but it just means I won't be able to upgrade when Windows 11 is released

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you try boot override?

aorus bios has a choice on the save & exit screen where you pick boot override & it will boot off the USB that one time and then next restart it uses normal boot order

No need to swap into legacy just to boot off USB

Jul 7, 2021
did you try boot override?

aorus bios has a choice on the save & exit screen where you pick boot override & it will boot off the USB that one time and then next restart it uses normal boot order

No need to swap into legacy just to boot off USB

When he looked at it he couldn't work out how to get GPT partitions instead of MBR despite reformatting the drives, it's running alright for now anyway