Windows 10 (Intel(R) Smart Tecg, Agent error)

EvooHD

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2015
Hello,

so, today i was driving to city for Windows 10, i didnt know which version should i pick, i was searching in 4diferent stores, and one had Windows 10 Pro OEM 64bit for 140$, others Windows Home 120$.

So i decided to pick up W10 Pro, for the first time buying Windows OEM`s. Recently had so many problems with Windows updates and other error ,on my old W7... which was just copy of windows.

Anyway, installed Windows, everything was good.. got it about 25minutes installatiion, Every driver update.. But i saw (IntelCore Smart Connect Technology Agen is not running) so i checked for Services, and the Agent was Stopped.... Well i tryed to Start it ,but got followed error message saying "WIndows could not star the Agent service on Local Computer." Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

i was so happy to see no more errors, updates, and anything but when i got this uhhh..

Can someone help me with this??
i didnt know where to post it, so i posted under Windows 10, as i dont know if this isues is for W10.

-Evoo

Colif

Win 11 Master
It appears ISCT is a bios setting you can turn off that may remove error

The fix that worked in previous OS was to install Intel Smart Connect and run Intel Management engine driver, but the first of these doesn't work on Win 10 (https://communities.intel.com/thread/78667) so turning it off in bios is only option

Intel Smart Connect technology's purpose was to let you use a 32gb ssd as a cache drive for a hdd, but with everyone just using ssd for the boot drive now, the usefulness of a 32gb cache drive is gone.

EvooHD

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2015

So ,it mean i dont need it actualy ??
if so, then i will just uninstall and leave it alone.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Just remove it if you weren't going to use it anyway.

I didn't know it didn't work, feel sorry for people with cache drives now as it leaves them with wasted hardware. Only select Z97 motherboards have the feature as according to Intels site its not supported on Z97 so MSI must have added it on.

EvooHD

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2015

Alright i will try to your solution. if it works will Mark as Solve.
:)