noidis

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
My new build has been giving me some weird network problems I'd not had on my last WIn 10 system.

For some odd reason only certain applications and programs can connect to the internet, while others have sporadic connectivity (or sometimes are completely unable).

Originally I'd only checked browsers; Chrome and Firefox worked flawlessly, but Chrome did not. Through a suggestion to change the service account for CryptSvc, I remedied this problem.

However now I'm trying to install DWAgent, and I'm getting a connection error suggesting there's more connectivity issues abound.

I've tried disabling windows firewall, and have no other firewalls or AV installed currently.

Any help would be awesome

System Specs:
i9 - 9900k (No OC) - CPU
Gigabyte Aorus Master - Motherboard
Trident Z RGB 32GB 3000Mhz - RAM
HP EX920 1TB - SSD
Intel 660p 2TB - SSD
Zotac AMP RTX 2080 - GPU
Coolermaster ml360r - AIO
EVGA G3 1000w - PSU
Windows 10 Pro - OS

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
First, update your post to include full system hardware specs and the applicable Windows 10 version being run on the new build.

Second, try to provide more information about "weird network problems".

Some problems may be outside of your computer and network.

Who has admin rights to your network router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide additional information.

You will need help from the router's administrator to check the logs and the router's overall configuration.

noidis

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
First, update your post to include full system hardware specs and the applicable Windows 10 version being run on the new build.

Done.

Second, try to provide more information about "weird network problems".

I provided this information already, but just for clarity I'll re-include the pertinent information:

For some odd reason only certain applications and programs can connect to the internet, while others have sporadic connectivity (or sometimes are completely unable).

Originally I'd only checked browsers; Chrome and Firefox worked flawlessly, but Chrome did not. Through a suggestion to change the service account for CryptSvc, I remedied this problem.

However now I'm trying to install DWAgent, and I'm getting a connection error suggesting there's more connectivity issues abound.

There isn't much more than that. Certain programs and applications can't connect, others can flawlessly. I used fixes I found online to get Chrome working (Which I also explained briefly in my opening post), but they didn't extend to everything apparently.

The issue seems like some kind of firewall issue, but I have no firewalls except for the standard Windows 10 one, and even with that disabled I get no change.

Some problems may be outside of your computer and network.

All the other machines on my network have no issues. Including another new build I created alongside this one (Albeit with different specs). It's most likely a system specific issue, unless some sort of router setting could be limiting traffic to whatever random IP this new machine was assigned, which seems highly unlikely.

Who has admin rights to your network router? The router's logs (if available and enabled) may provide additional information.

You will need help from the router's administrator to check the logs and the router's overall configuration.

I have the admin rights for my Netgear R7000 (Which I'll stress again has never given me an issue on a single other device, including a brand new build that I made just 2 days prior to this build), but checking the logs I see no errors or issues.

I checked after having again tried to install DWAgent (Which requires a connection, but seems to fail reliably to find said connection).

Hope that clarifies the issue so I can get some ideas on what to do next as I'm sort of out of ideas and googles no longer yielding much.

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure what to suggest per se at this time...

Does the following link present the DWAgent software you are attempting to install?

https://www.dwservice.net/en/overview.html

Not really sure about it all but my initial searches regarding DWAgent revealed some rather dubious sites.

Also found this link (reference only - not promoting any of the referenced products):

https://www.file.net/process/dwservice.exe.html

Wondering if you perhaps got a bogus/corrupted download.

Suggestions:

1) Check Reliability History/Manager and Event Viewer on the problem computer. Look for error codes and warnings that correlate with problem connections.

2) Look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor to see what all is running.

Compare what you discover in 1) and 2) above to a couple of your computers that "have no issues".