Windows 10 internet not working after upgrade from 8.1

thebest21445

Reputable
Sep 1, 2015
I just wiped my computer and i installed windows 8.1. The internet was working all fine until i upgraded to windows 10. Now it says that "internet protocols are missing on this computer". I know for a fact this has to do with software brcasue my betwork adapter was completely fine until a windows 10 upgrade. How do i fix this. I uninstalled the adapter and restarted and still nothing. Sometimes my internet will start up again and then it will magically turn off again. This us a big issue because i dont want to go back to windows 8.1 again i want windows 10 so please dont say go back to 8.1 thats one of the last things i will do if i cant fix this.

Solution
You can fix this easily. Every time there's a new OS, the drivers are most likely incompatible. This is significantly more of an issue with laptop's wireless drivers. For example from windows 7 to 8.1 and from 8.1 to 10. Simply go to the microsoft site on another computer and download the specific driver for your LAN or wireless and try to see if there were updates for the newer OS and move files from thumbdrive to the computer in question. Good luck!!

Quarkzquarkz

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2013
You can fix this easily. Every time there's a new OS, the drivers are most likely incompatible. This is significantly more of an issue with laptop's wireless drivers. For example from windows 7 to 8.1 and from 8.1 to 10. Simply go to the microsoft site on another computer and download the specific driver for your LAN or wireless and try to see if there were updates for the newer OS and move files from thumbdrive to the computer in question. Good luck!!

Solution