Question Windows 10 internet really slow, works fine on Ubuntu!

May 22, 2022
I am facing really slow Internet connectivity on windows 10. The same PC when I connect from Ubuntu(dual boot) has great internet speed!!

I have applied the fixes mentioned in below site, to no affect

Can anybody help fix this?

May 22, 2022
I have a newer version of the intel driver already installed. This PC was primarily running Ubuntu, i recently installed windows 10 as dual boot. Windows 10 was installed a few weeks ago!

That is the most recent version of the driver FOR YOUR BOARD.

Getting the driver from Intel, or Microsoft, is not the way you generally want to do it because although the hardware might be an Intel based adapter, the motherboard manufacturer may have, and OFTEN does, make custom changes to that hardware AND the drivers that the motherboard manufacturer supplies are custom made to work not only with that onboard device but also to not cause any problems with other hardware on the board as well. It's the IMPLEMENTATION of that hardware and it's driver that is important here, not where it came from.

A good example of this is the case where a lot of motherboards that came with Realtek audio chipsets were being updated with drivers directly from Realtek, which would not work with the implementation of those audio chipsets on some motherboards and it was required that you use the ones provided by ASUS, Gigabyte, etc.

And if the driver you are using is one that was supplied by Microsoft, then it is generally NOT a full featured driver as Microsoft tends to offer universal/generic drivers for third party hardware that will allow it to "work" but in some cases, not work to it's full potential or as expected because again, it is only meant to work long enough for you to be able to go and get the actual intended drivers for your hardware. Now, sometimes it's fine. But sometimes it's not. And this might not even BE your problem, but if there was a newer driver that was 100% intended for use with the hardware on your motherboard, then MSI, Gigabyte, ASUS, etc. would be offering it on the product page for your device 99% of the time.

What BIOS version do you currently have installed?