Question Windows 10 is corrupted

Mar 16, 2019
I don't really know what's going on. So I built this PC and used it for a few months at my college apartment, then a few months back home for summer, now upon setting it back up at my apartment something is wrong. Windows 10 tells me somethings gone wrong and won't boot up, so after trying some various things, I've wiped my drive (maybe jumped the gun) and tried some other things. Still nothing is working. I really don't care what it takes at this point.

D

Deleted member 14196

you will have to go inside it and make sure everything is connected tightly, reseat the RAM and graphics card, make sure everything has power.. oh, and do a Clean install

I think all the moving is affecting it.

Mar 16, 2019
you will have to go inside it and make sure everything is connected tightly, reseat the RAM and graphics card, make sure everything has power.. oh, and do a Clean install

I think all the moving is affecting it.

Thanks for the quick reply! I was thinking all the moving could've shifted some parts as well. Just now I was able to resetup Windows 10, and it worked successfully, I was able to change some things in settings, redownload a thing or two, but then my screen just went black and it just stopped working. It's happened two times like that now. Any idea why that could happen?

D

Deleted member 14196

how are the temps of the cpu and gpu? maybe the cooler is loose and needs to be set right.. other than that, I am suspecting PSU issues. Thermal or PSU issues, I am thinking all the moving has jarred the cooler a bit.

Mar 16, 2019
how are the temps of the cpu and gpu? maybe the cooler is loose and needs to be set right.. other than that, I am suspecting PSU issues. Thermal or PSU issues, I am thinking all the moving has jarred the cooler a bit.

I just got in there, I'm no trained eye but they look fine. I think I may have really done myself in here

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
How do I go about resetting my RAM?

He said reseating the RAM, not resetting it.

There is no easy, generic description on doing this, but you can find scads of YouTube videos showing folks upgrading RAM on virtually any machine make/model you can name. Look for one for yours.

The only difference is you will be popping your RAM out and then reseating it rather than using new RAM to upgrade it. Popping it out and back in again is the entirety of what's being described.

Reactions: MacTacz

Ralston18

Titan
System (hardware) specs?

Especially PSU: make, model, age, condition?

Have you tried another known working video cable?

Have you tried another known working monitor? (Note: you may be able to use some TVs if a monitor is not available.)

Any beeps (beep codes) at startup? Any motherboard LED's lit (aka EZ-debug)?

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode?

If the system does manage to boot again look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings. May find some clue therein.

Mar 16, 2019
System (hardware) specs?

Especially PSU: make, model, age, condition?

Have you tried another known working video cable?

Have you tried another known working monitor? (Note: you may be able to use some TVs if a monitor is not available.)

Any beeps (beep codes) at startup? Any motherboard LED's lit (aka EZ-debug)?

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode?

If the system does manage to boot again look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes and warnings. May find some clue therein.
All parts of the build were purchased new in early April of this year. The PSU is bronze rated 80+. I have tried booting into safe mode and failed. There are lights on my motherboard that are always lit, even if the computer is off, I don't know if that is what you're referring to.

Mar 16, 2019
Motherboard lights (LED's).

What make and model motherboard?

Which lights?

The applicable User Guide/Manual should explain the meaning of those lights being on.

Details matter.
It's an ASUS Prime B450. The lights are yellowish and just slowly fade on and off. I assume they're decorative. I don't believe there are any lights that indicate anything on the board.

Mar 16, 2019

shadi shtaklef

Reputable
BANNED
Jul 26, 2015
first check if there is any faulty hardware part. after that open elevated cmd and run these 2 commands in order:-
  1. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
  2. sfc /scannow

if the issue is still there then format and clean install windows. if that doesnt fix the issue then take the computer to a repair shop for a checkup