Windows 10 issues? Frozen Start Menu and More.

Organder

Reputable
Jan 29, 2015
So, I seem to be having a few issues with my windows 10, so I restarted my whole system, and seem to still be having the same issues happen. I wiped everything, and these still happen. So my Windows 10 Start menu will NOT work, and nor will the search windows search bar. I also have a hard time just bringing up simple folders and stuff like "This PC" More or less I have to restart Explorer.exe from my task manager all the time, or right click my desktop and refresh, but it only works once in a while. I've ran Powershell scans, and they came back fine before. So what should I try next to fix this issue? Any ideas? Drivers are all up to date as well. Thanks.

Solution
usual fix for this is to do the following :
* make sure you have downloaded and installed all the windows updates
* open your Windows Store. make sure you have all the latest updates as well for your apps. if your windows store version isnt updated yet, it will close on its own. open it again and re-check updates.
* restart (if the problem persists, proceed below)
* create a new user account with administration level
* restart/sign out
* login with your new account
* if everything is normal again, you can delete your old account (if the problem persists, proceed below)
* reinstall your graphic drivers. go to your motherboards website and download latest intel graphics driver.
download DDU. restart in safemode. run DDU to clean your...

marksavio

Estimable
Dec 23, 2017
usual fix for this is to do the following :
* make sure you have downloaded and installed all the windows updates
* open your Windows Store. make sure you have all the latest updates as well for your apps. if your windows store version isnt updated yet, it will close on its own. open it again and re-check updates.
* restart (if the problem persists, proceed below)
* create a new user account with administration level
* restart/sign out
* login with your new account
* if everything is normal again, you can delete your old account (if the problem persists, proceed below)
* reinstall your graphic drivers. go to your motherboards website and download latest intel graphics driver.
download DDU. restart in safemode. run DDU to clean your external graphics driver. restart in normal mode. download and install latest driver. restart.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS