Windows 10 issues with updates

DrEnd

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
So after receiving a VERY nasty virus that despite my best efforts and my best antivirus programs (NOT Norton, basically everything else though) and file deleting (I was careful) I ended up having to roll back my PC to before my installation of windows 10 anniversary because I stupidly forgot to back up my system after I fully rebuilt; yes I'm stupid I know.

So I hit a road block installing windows 10 Nvidia drivers which was kind of odd and I got to the point I figured I'd just rebuild my system from scratch minus my personal files; so ten minutes and one system reset later and I install a LOAD of updates which I figure should about get me to the anniversary update and... the same issue.

• nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.1, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, Graphics Adapter WDDM1.3, Graphics Adapter WDDM2.0 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

These drivers have for the past hour locked me out of updating my system any further and after deferring updates got enabled I received a NEW update to head on over to windows 10 pro v 1511, 10586 which has installed once and is now installing again BUT!

Even after this install the next in line is these drivers; I'm praying it just installs them and heads right on past but if it doesn't I very much am in trouble. As a school student my desktop is pretty much my #1 tool and while it IS possible to use it currently I am missing well over 99% of my apps and until I update most are un-useable because my Nvidia drivers are out of date and thus I'm right back to square one.

To make this a VERY long story short I am trapped at the above mentioned driver install that fails every time I initiate it and very much need help on a way to either postpone it or circumnavigate it at least until I can get my desktop back to windows 10 anniversary and rebuilt before 1/6/17, ANY and all help is appreciated and I do hope someone can give me even basic advice. As of right now there are NO drivers or 3rd party applications installed on the system and it is for all intents and purposes a bare bones system

USAFRet

Titan

Generally, a direct download link isn't advised here.
A description, and where you can download it instead.

Text of "Get this run it, select that update and hide it. " just looks like random spam or virus to me.

DrEnd

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016

Scanned it on my laptop and dug a bit into the program, if it's a virus it's a very we'll made one and not something you're likely to find laying around. While I'm not sure it's 100% legit I need my system and if I get nothing else as a hopeful reply it's going to be my next to only option

DrEnd

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016

I wouldn't put it past a decent hacker to know how to disguise something but like I said if it's a hack it's very we'll done regardless and I'm short on time so...

DrEnd

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
well now I'm on a new problem. update to windows 10 pro version 1511 10586 is now looping IN FRONT of the Nvidia driver update and refuses to properly install or if it is then its installing repeatedly. It's very weird this is the first time this has ever occurred to me, I'm going to attempt the previously posted method and if it doesn't work well I'm up a creek without a paddle. This is very annoying

I think you should do a CLEAN INSTALL.

1. write down programs you'll need to reinstall
2. write down any passwords, e-mail account settings etc, and backup any data files

*Make sure you have the W10 e-mail and password used, but... I just reinstalled W10 and it automatically did that FOR ME (via the internet) and I actually got an ERROR as I was trying to put in the info that already had been done.

So... it MAY automatically put in the login information you had before. (didn't last year, did this time)

3. unhook all drives except the OS drive for Windows
4. BOOT to the W10 install media (if not sure you can use RUFUS to put the ISO on thumb drive or DVD)
- may need to change the BIOS boot order, or point to the USB stick from the BIOS window

5. DELETE the partition data when the installation starts
6. finish

7. shut down and attach any HDD you unhooked
8. reinstall programs etc.

9. Backup (I use Acronis True Image)

Other:
If you have any STEAM GAMES you can just keep the "Steamapps" folder and be fine, Most saves are somewhere in the "My Documents" folder so you may want to COPY some or all of that before doing a clean install.

DrEnd

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016

This is what got me here to begin with. I did as you said originally to remove two nasty viruses thar opened programs constantly preventing their deletion. Doing this would land me right back where I'm at