[SOLVED] Windows 10 Keep trying the same update that has already been installed

Solution
1709? That's quite a few complete updates/patches ago...

I'd download the latest installer from MS, and start with a more recent version, vice installing a version from 2 years ago and then struggling for 3 hours to patch it with 19 GB of assorted updates....
So it is finally installed, or it keeps trying to?
This is some kind of cumulative update, such ones more often have this type of problems.
It may require another update(s) to be installed before.
Also, if there have been different versions of the update, you may find yourself installing same update 2-3 or more times - something like an 'updated' update, just the newer version of it.
Also, there are cases, when there is some kind of a mistake, and u don't have to install anything.
Here is a link to the update, you can just install it manually for your version of Windows, and if it still appears after a successful installation, just hide it from updates.
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4493440

Oh, and if ur windows is a pirated copy, don't wonder why is it happening.
Pirated copies do have counteractions with some updates.

May 6, 2020
This is some kind of cumulative update, such ones more often have this type of problems.
Also, if there have been different versions of the update, you may find yourself installing same update 2-3 or more times - something like an 'updated' update, just the newer version of it.
Also, there are cases, when there is some kind of a mistake, and u don't have to install anything.
Here is a link to the update, you can just install it manually for your version of Windows, and if it still appears after a successful installation, just hide it from updates.

Hey!
Yes it keeps trying, i've manually uninstalled it, restart the computer, automatically installed it back (+ manually) succesfully both times (automatically and manually) but minutes later it keeps trying to install it again.

(An update is being prepared for your device, but it's not quite ready yet. We'll keep trying or you can try again now. Retry)

May 6, 2020

I've blocked this update with the hide windows update troubleshooter, now it says your pc is up to date and green, but when i check for updates, there are none found...Is it possible that wont be updating no more cause of hiding this one or ?

I'd download the latest installer from MS, and start with a more recent version, vice installing a version from 2 years ago and then struggling for 3 hours to patch it with 19 GB of assorted updates....

Solution
May 6, 2020

Do i need to back up my files if i go with upgrading to newer version ?

Backing up your files is a good idea regardless. That way you haven't lost anything (or at least anything important) if the update process does go south. Odds are very low that it would mess up that badly, but again, having a backup is always a smart move.

May 6, 2020
Backing up your files is a good idea regardless. That way you haven't lost anything (or at least anything important) if the update process does go south. Odds are very low that it would mess up that badly, but again, having a backup is always a smart move.

As far as automatic updates, i cannot expect that windows will automatically update it through windows update to 1909 version ?