Question Windows 10 keeps changing my settings

whitelion1284

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2013
I'm old and stubborn. I refused to "upgrade" to Win10 until this past December.
I hate it.
To assign my personal folders to a local drive I needed to change the registry... and Win 10 keeps changing them back to OneDrive.
I remember loading the OS off one floppy and then the software off another only to save to a third. By this I mean to say that I got comfortable with certain kind of folder display. Giant tiles that require scrolling for days just to see what's in the folder seems about as useful to me as tits on a boar hog. Yet no matter how many times I set the folders up the way I like them.... Windows keeps changing to this useless display.
Is there any way to deny Windows the ability to revert my settings? Or even to take control over my personal folder locations without Windows changing the registry to upload my most personal and sensitive documents into a cloud drive?

Thanks for reading through the wall of text. I hope somebody can help me. Learning LINIX isn't really something I want to have to do... but, to put it plainly, I no longer trust my operating system.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
What, specifically, did you change in the Reg?

OneDrive can be deleted and/or turned off.
I've been using Win 10 since Day 1 of the initial Tech Preview, and don't have the issues you seem to.

Tiles for your folders? No.
File Explorer doesn't look a whole lot different than it did going back to XP.

Screencaps of what you're seeing might help.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS