Windows 10 keeps freezing, New SSDs only, not old HD.

ddo2

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
Hey everyone, I have this weird problem in Windows 10. I want to upgrade my system from an HD to SSD. I've done this in several other systems without issue. I have got the HD one all ready and updated and so on, and then use Acronis to clone the disc to the SSD. The discs are both Crucial MX300s. Now, for whatever reason, Windows 10 says the discs are damaged and tries to repair them and it then starts freezing all the time. It's baffling. None of this happens with the HD. I even bought a second SSD on the chance the disc was busted. Same issue.

I'm out of ideas. I guess it could be the cloning process, but I've used Acronis before with success. The crucial utility updated the firmware of the disc and says its 100% healthy.

Thoughts? Is there something weird about W10 that would case this only with the SSDs? I've tried using the repair tool and it seems to think everything is fine. The system starts fine, and then eventually will freeze while doing a task. More complicated tasks increase the likelihood of failure, but sometimes even opening the browser will cause it to freeze. Thanks. I'm stumped here.

ddo2

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010

Sorry, small error in my explanation there. Meant to say I've used this process before on other systems. I'll edit it. To be clear, I'm using the Acronis system which reboots to an ISO, I'm not physically moving the drives between systems.