Windows 10 keyboard issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2018
So I have a problem with my Windows 10 keyboard, when i type everything is jumbled up, here's an example of what i mean here are the numbers:

123456780909 (so the 0909 is when I press 9 and 0 so 9[09] and 0 [09] are the results) then here is the alphabet QWERTY style:

q w e r t y u I po (p doesn't work at all) a s d f g h (j doesn't work) k ;l z x c v b n m, then we have the other buttons, so I hit back space and it types (') and turns off the volume, when I press enter (;l) then the = button (=) turns on airplane mode, the signal botton that should turn on airplane mode does (=) as well and does the same thing, the little light no longer shows up either.

Another issue is that this is all completely random so sometimes without touching the keyboard it will just start typing (ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo) or (pppppppppppppppppppppp) and sometimes the keyboard doesn't work at all or sometimes letters type multiple things at once like sometimes q goes (q3t5) or something like that...

Solution
NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Also, if your device uses one, you may want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.
NOTE: If you need to type in a password to even get into Windows to do the following, make sure you attached an external keyboard first, to get past the password. Then disconnect the external keyboard and try the following...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting/reconnecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Also, if your device uses one, you may want to try updating the Synaptics Driver if the above doesn't help.

Solution
Oct 23, 2018

I did the above and entered my password using the on-screen keyboard.
I don't have a usb external keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.