[SOLVED] Windows 10 Laptop with two external displays turn off

Nov 8, 2021
I have a Windows 10 Alienware R4 with NVIDIA 1080GTX and up to date drivers and all hardware has no issues when I am gaming. I have two external monitors connected to the HDMI and Mini Display port and both of them go out when I bring up anything that I am trying to read (no input from keyboard or mouse) the screen blanks with in a few seconds (maybe 10) and then comes back on again on its own and keeps doing this until I move a mouse or input on the keyboard. The built in monitor never goes out. I have every power setting that I can find set to never, I even unhid the hidden 'System unattended sleep timeout' and set that to zero minutes. This has only been doing this in the last couple of weeks, so I am unsure what is going on, or if anyone else has come across this. Like I said, if I move the keyboard or mouse the screens stay on. Anyone hve this same problem?

From what you are telling us, Im guessing this thing happening to you is probably due to some of windows update and/or driver update (or the lack of a driver update). Sorry if it sounds confusing.

A woman from work had some strange issues with her laptop too, we finally decided to tell her how to do a system restore and the issues were gone. After that I told her how to manually updates the main drivers and soo far its been ok since then (+6month ago).

Nov 8, 2021
I tried a SFC /scannow to start, it did find some corrupted files, and restarted. Will see what that does first. I already have a backup of my drive, so if this continues, I will try what you suggest.

Reactions: RodroX