Question Windows 10 Lite - Ghost Spectre

Vellaura

Great
Nov 30, 2020
Hey all!

So I came across a Windows 10 custom ISO that has a lot of the bloatware and other stuff removed, goes by the name of Ghost Spectre. Having done some initial research seems to look pretty legit. In that it only removes a lot of the bloaty stuff that comes with windows.

Anyone had any experience with this?

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Hey all!

So I came across a Windows 10 custom ISO that has a lot of the bloatware and other stuff removed, goes by the name of Ghost Spectre. Having done some initial research seems to look pretty legit. In that it only removes a lot of the bloaty stuff that comes with windows.

Anyone had any experience with this?
Why not a REAL Windows 10, and YOU remove the stuff you don't want?

I certainly wouldn't go with this 'lite' thing.
What is in there you don't know about?

Vellaura

Great
Nov 30, 2020
Why not a REAL Windows 10, and YOU remove the stuff you don't want?

I certainly wouldn't go with this 'lite' thing.
What is in there you don't know about?
I feel like it's a lot harder to remove a lot of the "built in" stuff that is pretty hardwired in there. You can continue to update and everything on this version, it just seems like a lot of the background bloaty stuff is removed.

"What is in there you don't know about? "

What do you mean? Thanks :)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzk1ZIQgCos

Vellaura

Great
Nov 30, 2020
They removed stuff. Nothing you can't do on your own, and likely doesn't help anything anyway.

Did they add anything? Malware, keyloggers, etc...
Oh, it also has a significantly smaller file footprint. Oh I see what you mean, its pretty popular, haven't seen anything in regards to that, but you are right.

How would I go about getting a lot of the stuff out myself?

NightHawkRMX

Polypheme
Ambassador
Don't download questionable installs like that. They could have loaded in stuff you do not want.

Get a legitimate Windows 10, install it, and remove the excess stuff yourself.

A lot of this work can be done via powershell, some can be done elsewhere simply by uninstalling programs in settings.

Reactions: Colif

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS