Windows 10 Login Issue

ariesboy1da

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
So I was editing a video one night a d my laptop froze randomly, as if it was trying to load something up. After a few minutes, nothing had popped up but it was responding to anything. So I restarted it by holding down the power button. When I turned it on again , at the login screen it wouldn't let me type my password, as it my keyboard just stopped working. I tried to do some recovery options but they all ended with some type of error. Didn't say what the problem was just some error. Sometimes I can login but it just starts to load something and I'm just not sure what to do anything.

Solution
What make/model laptop?

on the screen before the login box, where yoiu hit space to show login, click the power button
while holding down shift, click restart now
this should load a blue menu

from here, we can try to get to safe mode:
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

sometimes htis is all you need to do to fix errors
check in device manager and see if any unknown devices (though these may be red herrings as many drivers don't work in safe mode)

Or you can try Start up repair:
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix...

Colif

Win 11 Master
What make/model laptop?

on the screen before the login box, where yoiu hit space to show login, click the power button
while holding down shift, click restart now
this should load a blue menu

from here, we can try to get to safe mode:
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

sometimes htis is all you need to do to fix errors
check in device manager and see if any unknown devices (though these may be red herrings as many drivers don't work in safe mode)

Or you can try Start up repair:
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

or you can go to Command prompt and open Notepad and then file/open and copy files to a USB drive for backup
Command prompt is on the troubleshoot/advanced menu

Solution