Windows 10 login issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomekkplk1

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2010
I’ll try to keep this short and sweet.
One of my siblings moved out and gave me their laptop. It was still connected to their account (Microsoft account?) well it got very slow recently so I wanted to boot in safe mode and run all of my maleware/antivirus software. I went through msconfig to boot into safe mode.

Well instead of using a pin like I always have used on this laptop it asks now for a password which neither me nor my sibling know or remember. I went through the bios but literally got nowhere and cannot change back to boot in normal mode. I held shift while clicking restart which brought me to another Microsoft menu. Command prompt and anything else wants me to use a password but nobody remembers/knows it. There is a lot of work and photos saved on this laptop and I’d like to get it back somehow. Any suggestions?

I easily changed my password back when pc was simple with XP, not anymore. Btw, the bios on this Toshiba Satellite e45 is not like any other I accessed. Basically just options for battery conservation, boot order, time etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.