Windows 10 login screen problem

xXAlcadeiasXx

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016
Hi guys,

since yesterday i have problem with the login screen of windows 10. I turn on the computer and, in the login screen I can't see the password prompt neither the user. I reboot and user and password prompt show. What's the problem?

Thanks for the answers :)

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Are you on the latest version of Windows?

If you are, Probably just a minor issue with your boot manager. Could run startup repair or even re-install the OS. While not mandatory, I'd recommend that you back up your system with a disk imager (i.e. Macrium Reflect) or a snapshot tool (i.e. RollBack Rx).

xXAlcadeiasXx

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016

I've already tried with a reinstall to a point before the update but it didn't work. Isn't there an other solution? I don't want to reinstall all the OS :(

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015

With a damaged Boot Manager you either repair the boot manager via Startup Repair or reinstalling the OS. If Startup Repair doesn't work, you'll need to re-install the OS.

xXAlcadeiasXx

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016

I reinstalled the OS yesterday. It worked until the last update. Now I need again to reboot at least one time the OS to enter my password because the prompt doesn't show. I've already tried with startup repeair but it failed because of the absence of errors. What can I do?

OswaldTheGreat

Reputable
Nov 22, 2016
I also have this exact problem! (I lock the screen and then can't log in again, then restart and it works, but only once). I haven't tried reinstalling Windows yet as I don't know if it will actually have an effect on this problem, and I've tried Startup Repair but no problems were found for it to repair. I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 if that helps at all. The problem has been happening since build 14393.222. If anyone has any other suggestions please say.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015

Your Boot Manager when damaged is either going to be repaired by startup repair, or replaced with a new one via a clean install of the OS.

If your boot manager couldn't be repaired by startup repair, you'll need to do a clean install of the OS to replace the boot manager.

xXAlcadeiasXx

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016

I've tried with startup repair but no problem was found :(

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015

OK, then you'lll need to re-install the OS.

xXAlcadeiasXx

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016

I've already reinstalled the os like i said before. But it worked until the update.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015

OK, then don't install that update.