[SOLVED] Windows 10 lots of different issues

Brett_41

Commendable
Aug 5, 2017
Please help! I recently turned on my computer and it just started having a big delay, really laggy no reason for it. my computer never has issues like this i was just watching youtube. So i went to restart then a new problem occurred, I get into windows I sign in on the lockscreen I get to the home screen but none of my applications are on the taskbar or on the homescreen and when I try to click on the start or search bars blue loading circle comes up and always the same message that says application is not working or something like that. With two options end task or cancel. Neither one does anything but make the pop up go away. So then I open in safe mode and same thing happens but applications randomly pop up with the paper graphic and then disappear again as screen goes black for a second then goes back to broken state. Then 40 min later as Im looking for a solution everything starts working except for my start and search bar but all my applications are running I did nothing to make this happen. It wont let me open settings I have tried at least 5 different ways. What should I do?

Windows 10 for reference

Solution
Well, then, you've already wiped the machine for all practical intents and purposes.

You would be far better off doing a completely clean reinstall (options a & b are downloadable PDF files):
a) Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Download Win10 ISO File
b) Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Create a Bootable USB Drive
c) How to do a CLEAN Installation of Windows 10 (Tom’s Hardware Forums, with screen shots)

I would suggest using the MCT to create a fresh bootable USB drive, this means using Option B, above.

I certainly hope you've been taking backups because at this juncture you will need...

Brett_41

Commendable
Aug 5, 2017
Can’t get to a point where I can do this I tried I think it’s called hard resetting my computer (ressetibg everything but drivers) and now it’s stuck when I hit restart it just says just a moment for half an hour and when I come back it’s the same screen that deals with language time zone home country it’s so dumb

Brett_41

Commendable
Aug 5, 2017
I tried to restart with the erase all data but drivers option now it’s stuck in a loop that always ends back on the select time zone choose language home country screen

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
Well, then, you've already wiped the machine for all practical intents and purposes.

You would be far better off doing a completely clean reinstall (options a & b are downloadable PDF files):
a) Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Download Win10 ISO File
b) Completely Clean Win10 (Re)install Using MCT to Create a Bootable USB Drive
c) How to do a CLEAN Installation of Windows 10 (Tom’s Hardware Forums, with screen shots)

I would suggest using the MCT to create a fresh bootable USB drive, this means using Option B, above.

I certainly hope you've been taking backups because at this juncture you will need them to recover your user data.

Solution