[Windows 10] Low Frequency Protection not working

Grim_2

Commendable
May 24, 2016
Hello! So have the following setup: From my Nvidia graphics card there is a DisplayPort cable going to my Monitor. My monitor has a audio output in which my pc speakers go. (2 speakers plus subwoofer)

My subwoofer is way to strong, even if I turn town the bass to a minimum on it's dials.

Until now the following worked for me in Windows 7:

I went to Playback Devices, then went to the properties of my Monitor (which is the default playback device) and then selected "Low Frequency Protection" under "enhancements" and set it to about 120Hz for the Cutoff.

This reduced my bass ALOT so no neighbors will come and complain.

But: since I did the free upgrade to Windows 10, this is no longer working.

I do everything the same way, but no matter what value I set for the cutoff, the bass stays 100% the same. No change at all.

Can anybody help me getting this to work?

Solution
Have you tried adjusting Loudness EQ in sound effects tab in Windows audio properties for your Displayport output? To see if either checked/unchecked makes a difference.

Grim_2

Commendable
May 24, 2016
1. This is no solution for me, as I have other devices (Consoles) connected to the monitor through it's HDMI imputs which is a good setup for me that doesn't require me to do/change anything when I switch between devices.

2. The audio quality is very fine. (You don't even know my monitor.)

3. Since it worked perfectly before, and now doesn't work anymore with the Windows 10 upgrade, it's clear to me that this is a software-problem. And how to fix this problem is my actual question, which I would like to be addressed. If somebody reading this should have no idea how to get this feature to work as it's supposed to do, feel free to not reply. I kindly ask for ideas to a solution for a problem, please no workarounds to avoid dealing with that problem. I could come up with several workarounds myself, but I refuse to do so as it worked perfectly for years, on several installations of Windows 7. And Windows 10 has the exact same features - they just don't work.

4. I can't remove my subwoofer (hard-wired) and I don't want to remove it. I still want bass, just not so much.