Question Windows 10 mail

Forget it, it will never work. I've been trying to get my Gmail account working with Windows 10 again ever since the 1809 build, and have never been able to do so. I've worked with both Gmail and Microsoft on trying to figure it out and they've given up. I've tried all the solutions I could find on the web including all the relevant settings in Gmail and in the Mail client, and nothing has resulted in anything other than the same error you see there. My advice would be, don't waste your time on it.

I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but honestly, I believe it's an intentional problem.

Worth trying. Didn't work for me when I tried setting it up manually using that exact set of instructions though.

I've LITERALLY tried every suggested method by both Microsoft and Gmail support, plus every off the wall or seemingly appropriate remedy listed on the various forums including this one, to no avail. If you do get it to work, let me know what worked for you because nothing has worked for me. I've given up long ago.

Leigh_2

Honorable
Sep 14, 2015
Forget it, it will never work. I've been trying to get my Gmail account working with Windows 10 again ever since the 1809 build, and have never been able to do so. I've worked with both Gmail and Microsoft on trying to figure it out and they've given up. I've tried all the solutions I could find on the web including all the relevant settings in Gmail and in the Mail client, and nothing has resulted in anything other than the same error you see there. My advice would be, don't waste your time on it.

I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but honestly, I believe it's an intentional problem.
1809, how old are u

So, just to revisit this, I FINALLY got Windows 10 to sync with my Gmail account. Craziest thing.

For ME, the problem was that in my privacy settings (Windows settings>Privacy) application access to mail was disabled. Enabled application access to mail, then enabled the setting "allow apps to access your mail", poof, works. All this time and it was a privacy setting I had either turned off by default or the Spybot Anti-beacon had disabled. Anyhow, it works now so I thought I'd let you know what I found. Good luck.

Reactions: Nigel Spike