Windows 10 Making Games Run Slower

MPEG

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
My computer is a 3.4 ghz i7 with a GTX 970 and 16gb of RAM running windows 10. My games used to run flawlessly when on Windows 8.1 and now that I am on Windows 10, my games now stutter randomly and my average FPS has dropped by about 10. What are some tips on how to make Windows 10 run faster? I need very few of the new features and am not sure on how to disable many of the new features in order to make my computer run faster.

Solution
It might affect or not affect you but try to disable Nvidia Streamer service and set it to manual on windows service if you are not using shadow play. Update latest driver from nvidia will clean install. Uninstall first nvidia driver then run DDU(can be found at Guru3d.com) to uninstall all driver leftovers and install latest driver after. if did not help then there might be something else as for me no changes on fps I have i7 3770 and msi gtx 970.

meeko13

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
It might affect or not affect you but try to disable Nvidia Streamer service and set it to manual on windows service if you are not using shadow play. Update latest driver from nvidia will clean install. Uninstall first nvidia driver then run DDU(can be found at Guru3d.com) to uninstall all driver leftovers and install latest driver after. if did not help then there might be something else as for me no changes on fps I have i7 3770 and msi gtx 970.

Solution

Nafryti

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Any solutions for an AMD user? as this is NOT specific to Nvidia? Ever since the upgrade i too have suffered a severe performance drop.

AMD FX-8320 3.5Ghz, ASUS R9-380 STRIX, 16GB DDR3-2133

Noticed during the BF1 beta the game started out at high performance but has steadily declined, and now at launch it is unreliable in performance, sometimes fast, sometimes a half second input lag. I am actively tinkering trying to fix the issue, but i am limited in my abilities.