Question Windows 10 media software compatible with UHD Drive

yobydnub

Reputable
Sep 8, 2015
What I'm asking is pretty simple. Im running a fairly new Windows 10 laptop and I recently purchased and external Bluray UHD player (BDR-XD06J-UHD Pioneer Ultra HD Blu-ray Portable USB 4K Bluray Drive)

My laptop recognises the drive. I put in a UHD and my laptop recognises the disc. I can even browse the files. What I cant find is a compatible media player that will play the disc. I thought I might be on a winner with Leawo Blu-ray Player, but no luck. I did message their support and they did answer me, they told me at the moment their software cannot play this disc, but this may be rectified in future updates.

The drive came with PowerDVD 14. You would think the supplied software would work with their device - no dice. I upgraded to PowerDVD 19. No luck their either. I've tried almost every software there is, and nothing will play a UHD disc in this drive.

I find it very hard to believe that they would put out a drive, that you cant play a disc on. It may work with burning software I don't know, but I have no interest in that. I just want to play my UHD disc.

This device is not new on the market. Its at least 18 months old. I have a good laptop, with an Intel Core i5-8250U CPU with 16GB RAM - I believe this is enough processing power to be able to utilise this device. Can anybody please recommend some software, or some other way that I have not thought of to play my UHD disc on my laptop.

Thank you