[SOLVED] Windows 10 media won't install, green dots

May 4, 2021
I just put together a new pc, and I'm trying to install windows. I updated the UEFI and I am still having the same issue. I go to the boot devices and choose the windows media device and it starts for a few seconds and then the green dots show up and it stops. Any ideas on what to do?
IMG-20210504-223227-1.jpg

Solution
do green dots show in bios?

have you tried another display cable?
another display? how old is monitor? did it work before?

where did you get installer from? Did you make a new one?
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

try reseating CPU and make sure you have no bent pins. . that was advice on the one example I found of someone with a similar result - link
Unplug the monitor. Reseat the GPU and plug back the monitor. Could be a cable issue.

Is that monitor working properly on another system?

Your Windows needs to be one of the latest Windows 10 version and not a 3 years old version of Windows 10. Just to make sure you're not trying to install a 3 years old Windows 10 version.

What is the system specs including the PSU brand and model?

Colif

Win 11 Master
do green dots show in bios?

have you tried another display cable?
another display? how old is monitor? did it work before?

where did you get installer from? Did you make a new one?
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

try reseating CPU and make sure you have no bent pins. . that was advice on the one example I found of someone with a similar result - link

Last edited:
Solution
May 4, 2021
Using a cooler master aoi and like I said the temp is staying at about 36*C, its not the cable because up until then the picture is fine. ram has been tried at both 3200 and 2400, just hdmi from motherboard to pc

I don’t think it has anything to do with the monitor and cable.
Pls make sure that no “gaming” or other profile is applied to neither cpu nor memory in bios. It may be low core or memory voltage or high frequency. Try removing RAM sticks and trying one at a time in different slots.

May 4, 2021
I don’t think it has anything to do with the monitor and cable.
Pls make sure that no “gaming” or other profile is applied to neither cpu nor memory in bios. It may be low core or memory voltage or high frequency. Try removing RAM sticks and trying one at a time in different slots.
Using only 1 ram stick fixed it, thanks, idk why that is a problem

Using only 1 ram stick fixed it, thanks, idk why that is a problem
It might be a faulty memory stick, memory controller or configuration issue. Check if the memory is on QVL for the board and if it is RMA either the motherboard or the RAM modules.
Run a memory test using windows utility after install.
You got those artifacts due to RAM being used for on-chip graphics, which is lucky, otherwise it would be very hard to isolate.
P.S configuration issue and ram compatibility may get fixed with BIOS update.

Last edited: