Windows 10 menus in applications showing in tiny boxes

mattice

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014
Menus in multiple applications do not show correctly. They are usually in tiny boxes which I have to manually resize every time. I have Wacom Mobile studio pro with a 4k display.

Examples:
https://imgur.com/a/sCNyCnj

The issue is not caused by the software I believe since it does work on my 4k monitor. The software also officially states that it supports 4k displays.

Menus not appearing correctly in NX 11, NX 12, 3ds max, alias and alias speedform.

I've the latest windows update. I've also tried changing the compatibility to "Override high DPI scaling by..." to system. That made everything appear correctly but blurry.

All suggestions are welcome!

Solution
Yeah, that's the problem you're having. Don't use 225%.

Depending on how the application was developed, the UI may or may not scale with the rest of the Windows GUI environment. There's nothing you can do about that short of voicing a complaint to the application developers.

Linus explained this all very well in a video in the following link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF210WeR9C8

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from boetsmattice : "Windows 10 does not show menus in applications correctly"

mattice

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014

Logged on from the wrong account. If possible delete the other post. Thanks.

mattice

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014

I changed it to 100%, restarted, changed it back to 225%, restarted, that didn't work. I changed it back to 225 since 100 is not usable.

stdragon

Admirable
If you've got a 4k monitor, set it to 1920x1080 (1k, original HD). Now leave the scaling to 100%. You'll maintain the proper DPI scaling ratio to screen, while still having a sharp image as all the pixels are evenly divided. The only down-side is you wont view 4K content unless you don't mind it down-scaled to 1K

mattice

Reputable
Mar 18, 2014

Well, that's an annoying problem... Good to know. I'll try changing some compatibility settings and leave a message to the developers.

Thank you for clarifying!