Windows 10 Mobile Coming In December

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hate how Microsoft obsesses over and changes names all the time. Particularly Zune. Yes, the name got mocked. So what? The software was incredible and I still use it as my media player.

theyeti87

Honorable
The Windows mobile ecosystem is still a cesspool and is greatly lacking a decent Marketplace.

I mean, every time I reboot WP8.1 a blitzkrieg of months-old emails, texts, FB notifications pop up. Every. Single. Time. Doesn't know how to properly recognize a 16GB SD card "there seems to be errors on your sd card, want to scan now?" Apps just stop working at random. Sometimes the back button stops working entirely and the only way to shut the phone down is to pull the battery.

But keep all of us in the know about awesome Windows mobile products.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I mean, every time I reboot WP8.1 a blitzkrieg of months-old emails, texts, FB notifications pop up. Every. Single. Time. Doesn't know how to properly recognize a 16GB SD card "there seems to be errors on your sd card, want to scan now?" Apps just stop working at random. Sometimes the back button stops working entirely and the only way to shut the phone down is to pull the battery.

Sounds like your phone is borked. Because that is not normal behavior for the software in question. I have literally never had any of these issues occur on my Lumia 822. I can reboot it right now and it only notifies me of new messages, the SD card spits out no errors, etc.

I also think the Store has come a long way and I can't think of any app I am missing. The new-gen Universal apps that are Win10 capable are even better. If developers so choose they can include multiple UIs for Continuum, and compile to native code for better speed.

Retic3nt

Reputable
Apr 29, 2014
While I agree the app store basically has most every big name app there is, it's the small 3rd party apps that never get ported over (or if they do they have huge amounts of bugs and just not updated). I only say this because my university has several apps that are a mixture of required and helpful and none of them are available for win. I have to carry my old 3gs around with wifi just to use the app for the course. Sadly Win is my favorite phone OS so far besides some of the heavily modified android skins or a jail broken and modified iOS.
Here's hoping win10 makes it easy for 3rd parties to port apps.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
lack of apps are still a big problem for WP. Yes some big name apps like Whatsapp are available. But many BIG corporations/enterprises/company like bank, insurance company, TV stations... just don't support it. For many if they can't use the phone for mobile banking, work with company apps, watch TV... it is just an useless smart phone. These kinds of WP app support outside of North America are even less popular (WP/WM support is nonexistent in most Asian countries). MS still have a LONG way to go.

corporation/company that don't support WP:
HBO, Bank of America, Chase, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley, TD Ameritrade, Bank of Nova Socita (Canada), HSBC (UK/HK), Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (biggest bank in Japan)...

flowingbass

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
Windows 10 is like bread with no butter. Its easy and light but leaves a lot to be desired. Its dull and boring to use, can cure insomnia. And does not leave a good impression. Win vista had better visuals. Win 7 made you felt that you are using a modern and futuristic os. Its like ferrari making a childrens bike.

bloodroses75

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
Considering all the issues I've had with my Note Edge, I was planning on just avoiding Samsung. At the rate Android is going, I may be switching phone OS as well when I get a new phone. Apple is not an option either.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001

Should get a (Google) Nexus device for the best Android experience. Samsung made good hardware, but their software mega suck. (kind of like HP printers) And their phone preloaded with so many of them.

I am a Nexus 5 user.

Status
Not open for further replies.