[SOLVED] Windows 10 Moto e4 support

onespeedbiker

Prominent
Apr 13, 2019
Best answers
I have a Moto e4 smart phone and ever since the Windows 10 ver 1809, I can not connect the phone to my PC (I had no issues with ver 1803). I manually Motorola USB as legacy hardware (different interfaces) in the Device Manager, but they all show the yellow triangle question mark. I have tried downloading new drivers and manually loading them but windows says the current "Motorola Driver loaded by Windows) drivers are the best, even though they are not working. I also downloaded the Motorola Device Manager but nothing I'm guessing I'll just have to wait for an 1809 update or 1903. Any other ideas?

Colif

Titan
Jun 12, 2015
Best answers
have you tried Motorola customer support? I would link it but google showing my countries links which probably don't help you.

Searched google for answers and found this thread, but was showing from a week before (May 11) which makes no sense)

onespeedbiker

Prominent
Apr 13, 2019
Best answers
I have an email into them which I just resent. From what I hear the lack of Windows 10 support for Moto phones is pretty much universal. I can connect with Bluetooth but it is more cumbersome.

onespeedbiker

Prominent
Apr 13, 2019
Best answers
Well, I figured it out, it was the cable. When I plugged the phone in with the old cable, the phone would start recharging, but no file exchange connection. Mororola got back to be with a Windows 10 update, which I probably already got in one of the accumulated updates (I installed it anyway and it didn't work). Then I got the bright idea to use another cable and it connected with no problem. I uninstalled the update and again, it connected. So, do I get credit for solving my own problem? Actually I owe you because I had pretty much given up until your response, so thanks!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS