Windows 10 Mouse Problem

BillTheEasyWay

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
I recently upgraded for windows 7 to windows 10.Everything was fine until i noticed a problem with my mouse.When i launch an app or something the little blue circle on the mouse does not move,it is stuck forever!Even when the big blue circle appears it still stays the same!!!
I have tried to change the skin of the mouse,switching it to windows xp style and back,that solves the problem but for 1 minute only.

Solution
Well lucky me,after unninstalling avast it worked correctly! I don't know how but it fixed the problem.But now the problem is that i can't pick a 'solution' to close the thread xD

Colif

Win 11 Master
do you have a generic mouse or a brand name? Does it have its own software? Did you fresh install after upgrade? Did you update motherboard drivers?

generally the circles mean PC is thinking, its not exactly a mouse thing, just a visual action to show PC is working on it. I can't remember exactly as I swapped my mouse theme to inverted so i can find it on my desktop. that shows a little timer when app is loading but its not animated in any way.

so its always showing the loading icon once you click an app?
What are specs of PC?

BillTheEasyWay

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
Ok i wasnt specific,let me explain it to you.Try and open chrome or any heavy app on your computer.Next to your pointer will appear a blue spinning circle.On my computer that circle is not 'moving'.I Could send you a screenshot,but here you cant.
Specs:
CPU:AMD Athlon II P340 Dual-Core
RAM:4 GB
Graphics card:AMD Mobility Radeon hd 4200

Colif

Win 11 Master
its a loading icon, it means PC is waiting for hdd to load the program

you could add more ram, it might make it go away (unless you are on 32bit).

the way windows 10 manages ram is different to previous versions, when you close a program it compresses all the data into ram so that when you load it again, it isn't as slow to load. But if you run a big program that PC needs lots of space for, it will move all the compressed data back onto your page file to free space for new program. If you have a slow hdd then it will have to move files to pages file and then load them into ram, that could be why its slow.

If you have a hdd, try running a defrag, it might help.

I had an Athlon 2800 in 2005, last AMD I owned.

BillTheEasyWay

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
No,iam not saying it is slow to load programs or anything,not at all.It is JUST the circle that is not moving.I am not have performance issues but this thing is anoying!It is just the blue circle,leave your email so i can send you the screenshot to see the pointer yourslef

Colif

Win 11 Master
upload photo to a image sharing site and share the link here. That way if I can't figure it out, others might.

i think I know what you mean now, just need to work out how to get it to spin? does icon disappear once its stopped loading?

I wonder if its your graphics drivers as often desktop glitches are GPU driver related.

Do you have java installed as one fix is to remove it

Colif

Win 11 Master
So basically this:
windows_8_rp_cursors_for_windows_7_vista_xp_by_scritperkid2-d56vrqr.png
its the working in background cursor icon

i wonder if its your desktop settings. Right click this PC on desktop
choose properties
click Advanced System Settings in left hand column
in next window, click Settings under Performance
Try selecting Adjust for best Appearance and choose Apply.

Does it animate now? It could be the default setting isn't animating the icon to save on system resources that can be used elsewhere.

BillTheEasyWay

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
i did what you said,but the strange thing is that when i start my computer, it works normally and after 3-4 minutes using it the cursor icon doesnt move.Now it works normally if i face any problem i will post it.

BillTheEasyWay

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
Nope,that's not the problem.I did alot of tests and in each one appears the 'problem'.Now i have avast installed,i dont know if unninstalling it might do something.I have avast from my previous version of windows (windows 7) and i have heard that windows 10 can mess up the antivirus.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Since you did a clean boot and it didn't change anything, Avast shouldn't be the cause as clean boots disable all non Microsoft services at start up. Avast shouldn't have been running.

I don't know what cause is. Also not sure how to figure it out. Google search is stupid, i search for stops spinning and it finds the opposite. MOst people want it to go away, not concerned with its appearance.

BillTheEasyWay

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
Well lucky me,after unninstalling avast it worked correctly! I don't know how but it fixed the problem.But now the problem is that i can't pick a 'solution' to close the thread xD

Solution