Windows 10 multiple BSOD

waper32

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Hi!

Since the last Anniversary update I'm facing a lot of BSOD. I did't have any of them for a long time (WinXP or so) but now I can't play games, every hour or two (and less time) I have a BSOD or a crash to desktop.
I executed bluescreeninfo and showed me this 3 kind of errors:
- PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0
- IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0
- IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe+14a2b0

But the BSOD show a different error: "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" and "atikmdag.sys".

I formated 2 days ago, I tried to reinstall GPU drivers (with DDU).

And I get this always while playing Windows Store games (Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War Ultimate), and one time playing Battlefield 1 beta.
I used memtest86 too, with no errors.

Please, can you help me?

My PC:
- FX 8350 stock
- Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3
- AMD Radeon Rx 480 8GB
- 8GB RAM DDR3 1333MHz

Thanks in advance!

Colif

Win 11 Master
atikmdag errors can also be caused by AMD sound so check motherboard drivers as well. Get the win 10 chipset drivers from here since there aren't any of the Gigabyte site, they could make all the difference: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064

The only win 10 drivers for motherboard are audio & Lan, should use win 8.1 ones otherwise.

ntoskrnl is a critical part of windows that deals with driver requests, among other things. Windows cannot work without it.
page fault in non paged area is likely a driver error as the non paged area is ram and you checked it with memtest. Ram errors would be more obvious like freezing etc.
IRQ errors are always drivers

waper32

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
Thank you for your information.
I downloaded chipset drivers and they were installed by AMD graphic drivers.
But I decided to open the case and check components status, I saw that I put the RAM (2x8GB) in single chanel, I canged it and BSOD dissapeared but I'm getting a lot of crashes to desktop in Windows Store's games. Maybe due low amount of RAM or GPU related (I undervolted a little my GPU to keep temps lower).

Thanks again!