[SOLVED] Windows 10 / My Computer is WATCHING ME??????

MasterBlaster22

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
So, explain to me, as a somewhat NEWBIE, but I'm like "more than average" computer savvy. When I searched for new computer monitors, in the monitor buying process, I wanted to 165Hz curved screen 1440p gaming monitor. I did alot of searches through various brands on Newegg and Amazon. So, I used the search bar within Amazon and Within Newegg and typed in all of the specifications. I'm sure I did this a few times. I have Kasperski internet total security and the Windows 10 defender.

OK- so NOW. I'm visiting my usual tech news sites, visiting facebook, visiting google, and VIOLA!!!! Like magic I am bombarded with ADs all over these pages with nothing but 2k 1440p monitors from various sellers. I watched a Netflix documentary about all this similar stuff.

So, the question is - how do they do that? When does it happen?? And what else do they know?? Can it be used against me in a court of law??

How can I avoid this. Every now and then I clear the temporary internet files, and I have an Anti-blocker-blocker installed however, so many pages I can't even look at because they have an anti adblocker-blocker that MAKES you take the cookies or just not view the site at all...

Solution
Everything you do in windows is monitored, Every web page you visit is entered into a database, every click on a web page is recorded. When you speak your phone is listening! if you have a mic on you computer same thing.

Didn't you read the EULA agreement, Microsoft can now use up space in your backyard if it feels it will help you.
If you are unaware and oblivious to what trackers and cookies are, then you are not "more than average" computer savvy.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Easiest way to avoid them is to use a browser add on like Ublock Origin (it works with most browsers, just look it up for whichever you use) which stops most of the adverts as well. I have used them for so long I sometimes wonder why websites have so much empty space on them.

whats an anti blocker blocker? sounds counter productive to me

MasterBlaster22

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
If you are unaware and oblivious to what trackers and cookies are, then you are not "more than average" computer savvy. You are "below average" computer savvy, because even my 10 year old nephew knows what browser cookies and social media trackers are.

Well, I am so sorry for the misunderstanding, I hope that you feel good about yourself

MasterBlaster22

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
If you are unaware and oblivious to what trackers and cookies are, then you are not "more than average" computer savvy. You are "below average" computer savvy, because even my 10 year old nephew knows what browser cookies and social media trackers are.

My real question was really about "So, the question is - how do they do that? When does it happen?? And what else do they know?? Can it be used against me in a court of law?? " Not so much as to if it exists at all in the first place, I don't live in a bubble, but go ahead, take your moment of glory dude.

MasterBlaster22

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019
Easiest way to avoid them is to use a browser add on like Ublock Origin (it works with most browsers, just look it up for whichever you use) which stops most of the adverts as well. I have used them for so long I sometimes wonder why websites have so much empty space on them.

On my browser I have some extensions like Kasperski Total Internet Security and Anti-Adblock Freeware that is a "anti-blocker blocker" that is some kind of workaround that lets you view websites that deny access to anyone using an adblocker on their browser. Sometimes I use one called "anti-adblock killer"

MasterBlaster22

Reputable
Apr 20, 2019

Yeah, thanks, I appreciate it. I do have Kasperski Total Internet Security Pro Suite that has a feature that I can enable that does the same thing. However, some places, even places like Tom's Hardware I think have content that is inaccessible unless you enable cookies.

Everything you do in windows is monitored, Every web page you visit is entered into a database, every click on a web page is recorded. When you speak your phone is listening! if you have a mic on you computer same thing.

Didn't you read the EULA agreement, Microsoft can now use up space in your backyard if it feels it will help you.

Reactions: OldCrow618
Solution