[SOLVED] Windows 10 No audio, only static

duog

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2012
Hello,

I recently built my PC as spec'd below. I had been using a 3.5mm audio speaker setup and it was working fine until I turned on the PC today. Now I just get static and no audio.

The speakers plugged into my laptop work perfect.

I have tried uninstalling drivers and reinstalling, I have tried uninstalling windows and reinstalling.

I have no idea where to go from here.

duog

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2012
Do you have the audio output set correctly? If so, the audio device may be malfuncioning. Try power cycling, by turning off psu and holding power button for at least 30 seconds.

Audio is set correctly, I've power cycled the system as you said powering it off from the PSU and holding the button.

duog

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2012
Did you install drivers through the device manager, or download through the manufacturer website?

I have tried both, from ASrock, windows update, and from realteks website. None of which seem to change anything.

The speakers are silent, as soon as you pull up spotify or youtube or anything with audio it just starts playing low static.

TheNightTerror

Prominent
Feb 3, 2020
Is the audio built-in or sound card? I would contact the manufacturer if it is still under warranty. Try any way to produce sound from PC that is possible beforehand, like going into system sounds and playing test sounds (which are a short jingle).

duog

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2012
Is the audio built-in or sound card? I would contact the manufacturer if it is still under warranty. Try any way to produce sound from PC that is possible beforehand, like going into system sounds and playing test sounds (which are a short jingle).

It's built in audio, definitely still under warranty. Thanks so much for the help it looks like reaching out to the manufacturer is the next step. I have tried EVERYTHING to make it make any kind of sound. All I can get is pops and static...

again, thanks!