Windows 10 no internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthewsage111

Reputable
Oct 4, 2015
Hello forum,

My problem is i use a hardline into my computer and upon starting it up yesterday was greeted with the problem “no ethernet cable installed or connected”. I have replaced the cable already/restarted both the computer and router multiple times/did a system restore and none of those helped. Also disabled and re enabled the adapter multiple times.

The only thing that seemed to work or hint at the problem was a windows 8 forum that said to use an elevated command prompt to do “sfc/scannow” and that came back with errors. There was a “DSIM” command that was unable to find a correct download location.

Any suggestions?

Try to find a win10 disc since i got the free upgrade?

Solution
You can download a Windows 10 installation ISO file using the Windows Media Creation Tool

Use the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool to make a bootable USB installation flash drive (select the ISO file you downloaded above). Or you can burn the ISO file to a DVD if you prefer.

Since you already upgraded to Windows 10 your PC is activated on the Windows servers so you don't need to enter a product key if you do a fresh install - just select skip product key whenever prompted.

Make sure you download the correct Windows 10 ISO file (Home or Pro -- 32 or 64 bit).
If you upgraded from Windows 8 Pro download Windows 10 Pro OR Win10 Home if you upgraded from Win 8 Home.

rcxtra

Reputable
Sep 15, 2015
You can download a Windows 10 installation ISO file using the Windows Media Creation Tool

Use the Windows USB/DVD Download Tool to make a bootable USB installation flash drive (select the ISO file you downloaded above). Or you can burn the ISO file to a DVD if you prefer.

Since you already upgraded to Windows 10 your PC is activated on the Windows servers so you don't need to enter a product key if you do a fresh install - just select skip product key whenever prompted.

Make sure you download the correct Windows 10 ISO file (Home or Pro -- 32 or 64 bit).
If you upgraded from Windows 8 Pro download Windows 10 Pro OR Win10 Home if you upgraded from Win 8 Home.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.