Windows 10 no Internet connection

How Hooah

Commendable
Jul 17, 2016
So I installed Windows 10 free upgrade. I was upgrading from windows 7 32 bit. I upgraded because I thought I would get a 64 bit version of windows (so I can use more of my ram) Well I upgraded to windows 10 but 32 bit, but that isn't really important right now. So basically I upgraded and I had no Internet connection like I thought I would. So I tried getting access to the internet, I looked up how to and people say click the Wi-Fi option in settings. But I don't have that button or airplane mode I have dial up,proxxy,vpn, and dial usage for Internet settings. Other people said upgrade my network drivers and I tried but it said they all were up to date, the drivers were like wan miniports there were 6 of them listed. And I saw this other thing that I feel like might be important it was called ethernet controller it was under another category in the device manager I tried updating it, but no updates were found. Now I don't know what to do and I really want to learn how to do this because I'm gonna have to do this again when I upgrade to 64 bit and I'm pretty familiar with computers

Cpu i5 6600k
Mobo asrock z170m extreme4
Psu evga 650 w gold
HD western digital 320 gb
Ram patriot ddr4 2133

Solution
The adapters you need will be listed in Device Manager under "Network Adapters". On my Dell Inspiron 5559 laptop I have:
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
- Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Yours will be a bit different of course because we have differing hardware.

Good luck.
The adapters you need will be listed in Device Manager under "Network Adapters". On my Dell Inspiron 5559 laptop I have:
- Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160
- Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller

Yours will be a bit different of course because we have differing hardware.

Good luck.

Solution