Windows 10 No login prompt - nothing works

aleksiu

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014
So here's a story:

I noticed that my mic isn't working, it's Siberia V2. So i google for help and try to install SteelSeries engine that they have to try and see if drivers might fix anything.

Naaaw, so the PC starts to throw bluescreen at me, IRQL. OK, must be the drivers, no problem. Uninstalled and rebooted.

So i'm still wondering about my mic and reboot normally to try to get it fixed ya know, but i'm greeted with a login screen with nothing, but the background, language selection, showing that i have no internet connection(odd) and other useless stuff. Now i'm getting slightly annoyed. I reboot a few times, trying to find a way to safe boot from UEFI ( Z170 MOBO ) no luck. I download a mediacreationtool to USB and try to boot the pc from it. Won't boot from, nice.

So now i'm mad, tried Windows+R, Reboot+R, tried to write my password in and press enter. Nope... Secure boot is greyed out in UEFI, CMOS enabled. I think i've tried everything, but CD which i don't know will do much since i only have Windows7 CD here.

If someone could try and answer me fast i'd sell my left kidney for that, it's almost 8am here and i've been up trying to boot this thing since 3am,

Thanks

Solution
Win 10 does indeed have a repair disk that can be made (you can also just use a regular Windows 10 install disk... they both work fine for that purpose)

In it's present state, you should still be able to get to Safe Mode easily to see if you can actually log in from there. In the bottom right corner of the screen you should have your power options (Restart, Sleep, Shut Down, etc.) when booting normally. Click that button and then hold down Shift and click Restart. This should restart and get you access to the boot menu that lets you start in Safe Mode. You can get there by clicking Toubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart. Once it restart, follow the on screen prompts to get into Safe Mode.
No idea if Windows 10 has a repair disc like previous versions did, if so download it, burn it on another pc and give it a shot.

Also have you tried already pressing F5/F8 right after POST to get into windows boot options to load it in safe mode? (also assuming that still exist on W10)

Win 10 does indeed have a repair disk that can be made (you can also just use a regular Windows 10 install disk... they both work fine for that purpose)

In it's present state, you should still be able to get to Safe Mode easily to see if you can actually log in from there. In the bottom right corner of the screen you should have your power options (Restart, Sleep, Shut Down, etc.) when booting normally. Click that button and then hold down Shift and click Restart. This should restart and get you access to the boot menu that lets you start in Safe Mode. You can get there by clicking Toubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart. Once it restart, follow the on screen prompts to get into Safe Mode.

Solution